Wisconsin Badgers Thread | Fick got the Axe back

beekay414

Missed the game but yeah, the final score and box score don't match up at all so I assume it was one of those games where everything went wrong. 

Looks like it was a dominant performance by Taylor though, glad to see our run game dominating. I won't take for granted these kind of showings on the ground against cupcakes after a few years ago when MGIII and co got shut down by Western Illinois (think that was their name, was FCS).

This team is not winning too many in the big ten and probably should not be ranked as high as it is. I think the talent is there just young and needs time to develop. I think Michigan wins the division easy and then we get into next year. If you cannot get pressure on FAU, how are you going to pressure MI or Ohio St?

Edited by PackyAttacky

55 minutes ago, PackyAttacky said:

This team is not winning too many in the big ten and probably should not be ranked as high as it is. I think the talent is there just young and needs time to develop. I think Michigan wins the division easy and then we get into next year. If you cannot get pressure on FAU, how are you going to pressure MI or Ohio St?

Michigan is not in our division, and OSU is not on our schedule.

Not winning too many in the B1G? We have Minnesota, Maryland, Northwestern, Purdue, Illinois.... We're going at least .500 in the B1G, but more than likely only dropping 1 or 2. I mean our top competition, Nebraska, is currently getting their teeth kicked in by Oregon, granted it's not easy playing in the zoo.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RandyMossIsBoss said:

Not winning too many in the B1G? We have Minnesota, Maryland, Northwestern, Purdue, Illinois.... We're going at least .500 in the B1G, but more than likely only dropping 1 or 2. I mean our top competition, Nebraska, is currently getting their teeth kicked in by Oregon, granted it's not easy playing in the zoo.

Yeah, the schedule is too easy to think that we lose more than two games. Northwestern got stomped on by Duke today, Nebraska's bad and the rest of the division is pretty equally terrible.

With the above said, I really hope someone beats out Hornibrook at some point in the next couple years. I like him, but his physical limitations are just too much to deal with. I'm not one that puts a ton of stock in arm strength, because normally the difference is minimal enough between a competent arm and a cannon that you're really not losing much. But there are multiple times a game where we're missing out on big plays because anything more than 20 yards downfield just completely floats on him. His arm probably left 14 points on the field today when receivers broke into the clear but he couldn't get it to them in time.

20 minutes ago, titans0021 said:

With the above said, I really hope someone beats out Hornibrook at some point in the next couple years. I like him, but his physical limitations are just too much to deal with. I'm not one that puts a ton of stock in arm strength, because normally the difference is minimal enough between a competent arm and a cannon that you're really not losing much. But there are multiple times a game where we're missing out on big plays because anything more than 20 yards downfield just completely floats on him. His arm probably left 14 points on the field today when receivers broke into the clear but he couldn't get it to them in time.

Don't get your hopes up. We're getting another 2 years of Horni. Clan will start as a true senior seeing as we can't redshirt him due to being so damn thin at QB. 

Just now, bkobow05 said:

Don't get your hopes up. We're getting another 2 years of Horni. Clan will start as a true senior seeing as we can't redshirt him due to being so damn thin at QB. 

I know it's unlikely. He'll perform well enough to head into the next two offseasons as the presumed starter and at that point it would take an act of God to knock him down the depth chart. It's just tough to finally have receivers that look capable of getting separation deep but having a quarterback that has no chance of hitting them in stride.

42 minutes ago, titans0021 said:

I know it's unlikely. He'll perform well enough to head into the next two offseasons as the presumed starter and at that point it would take an act of God to knock him down the depth chart. It's just tough to finally have receivers that look capable of getting separation deep but having a quarterback that has no chance of hitting them in stride.

To be fair to Horni, he'd look better if the WRs didn't drop so many passes too. It's a mixed bag. He's limited but he's not a bad passer. He's Kellen Moore. Scheme around that and we should be good. 

16 hours ago, RandyMossIsBoss said:

You're right, how did our division end up with no competition and Mich ST, Michigan, and Ohio State AND Penn State are all in one division?

13 hours ago, PackyAttacky said:

I hope you guys are right, but unless Florida Atlantic has a great oline, our pass rush was terrible.

The defense has been getting beat up since spring ball. It should get better as the year goes on.

This may legitimately be the worst Badgers team since the pre-Russell Wilson era, but the schedule is so weak that we're still the best team in the West and really shouldn't lose more than two regular season games.