Wisconsin Badgers Thread | Fick got the Axe back

beekay414

1 minute ago, bkobow05 said:

This has to be because of Wilder. Also, could be academic. He really said "excepting me" lol.

Eh usually when kid's flip they talk about how excited they are. "It is with a heavy heart" and "personal family matter" are pretty different than the usual croot speak.

I'll take the kid at his word and wish him well for every game except the B1GCCG.

Just now, ramssuperbowl99 said:

Eh usually when kid's flip they talk about how excited they are. "It is with a heavy heart" and "personal family matter" are pretty different than the usual croot speak.

I'll take the kid at his word and wish him well for every game except the B1GCCG.

Yeah I was just being tongue in cheek with the academic part. Gotta crack on someone that doesn't know the difference between accept and except. It's only natural.

Sports Illustrated's way too early 2019 mock has Beau B, David Edwards, Michael Dieter and TJ Edwards in the 1st round.

Don't think all that happens but next year's draft should be fun (or painful knowing what were losing) for Badgers fans. This doesn't even count the future franchise QB, #1 pick Horni.

Question to anyone who can offer an answer;

Can Wisconsin be considered "Offensive Line University"? It's a bit of a cliche, but that is to say, is it the most respectable and proven institute for developing NFL calibre offensive linemen? I know they have a pretty rigorous programme over there and have developed the likes of Frederick, J Thomas etc. The best developing institute in the country?

1 hour ago, Hunter2_1 said:

Can Wisconsin be considered "Offensive Line University"? It's a bit of a cliche, but that is to say, is it the most respectable and proven institute for developing NFL calibre offensive linemen? I know they have a pretty rigorous programme over there and have developed the likes of Frederick, J Thomas etc. The best developing institute in the country?

I think you can confidently say so in the Chryst/Alvarez era. There was a gap there at the end of the BB and for sure in the brief, awful Gary Anderson era where we didn't develop them.

We may have as many as 3 in Rd 1 next year and they aren't even as good as the next group coming through.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Packerraymond said:

I think you can confidently say so in the Chryst/Alvarez era. There was a gap there at the end of the BB and for sure in the brief, awful Gary Anderson era where we didn't develop them.

We may have as many as 3 in Rd 1 next year and they aren't even as good as the next group coming through.

Thanks man. Yeah saw that, who is it; Edwards, Benzschawel and....? Looking forward to that. 

48 minutes ago, bkobow05 said:

So it begins...

We're gonna lose Mertz lol

At this point I'm convinced it's because we don't pay enough. We were all worried about Chryst and lazy recruiting but to his credit it seems he's been recruiting his *** off. We're winning routinely across all sports, the football team is loaded with talent, Madison is a freaking blast and also great academically. I just have no explanation other than it gets cold.

• Like 1

Groulx is gonna end up at Nebraska lol

Scott Frost brought the bag man from down south. 

Wouldn't surprise me whatsoever if he puts the full on press on Mertz and opens up the checkbook. 

Edited by bkobow05

On 5/5/2018 at 12:43 PM, Hunter2_1 said:

No, they cannot. Here are your OL draft picks over the past 10 years.

07: Joe Thomas
09: Kraig Urbick
11: Gabe Carimi, John Moffitt, & Bill Nagy
12: Kevin Zeitler & Peter Konz
13: Travis Frederick & Ricky Wagner
15: Rob Havenstein
17: Ryan Ramczyk

Can't argue the greatness of Joe Thomas or Frederick but those two guys do not firmly entrench Wisconsin as OLU. Would have to do some more digging to look at other rosters.

^Zeitler was just made the highest paid OG in the NFL not long ago, and Remczyk had an awesome rookie season. Even Konz was a bust mostly because of injuries. 

Isn't Rob Havenstein the starting RT for the Rams as well?

So idk what your point was with the list, but you kind of proved Wisconsin's track record for OL is pretty awesome.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, IrishGreen said:

^Zeitler was just made the highest paid OG in the NFL not long ago, and Remczyk had an awesome rookie season. Even Konz was a bust mostly because of injuries. 

Isn't Rob Havenstein the starting RT for the Rams as well?

So idk what your point was with the list, but you kind of proved Wisconsin's track record for OL is pretty awesome.

Looks like 3 more monsters coming this season too