Wisconsin Badgers Thread | Fick got the Axe back

beekay414

6 minutes ago, RandyMossIsBoss said:

Cannot believe we actually lost this one... all around failure by the team and coaching staff. CFP hopes not dead, but is this team really running the table? Beating OSU in the CC!? Not sure how/why we look so much worse, you can't tell me it's just from losing 3 members of the secondary.

As I said earlier, players deserve a ton of blame. But I’m not excusing PC either. He’s coached these first three games like he didn’t take the opponent seriously. Some of the most vanilla playcalling I’ve ever seen. Defense was collapsing on Taylor on every run. We ran one jet sweep for 25 yards. And then never went back to it. Had success running right, stopped running right. BYU ran the same plays that were working and dared us to stop it. Whenever something started working for us, we immediately abandoned it.

1 minute ago, titans0021 said:

As I said earlier, players deserve a ton of blame. But I’m not excusing PC either. He’s coached these first three games like he didn’t take the opponent seriously. Some of the most vanilla playcalling I’ve ever seen. Defense was collapsing on Taylor on every run. We ran one jet sweep for 25 yards. And then never went back to it. Had success running right, stopped running right. BYU ran the same plays that were working and dared us to stop it. Whenever something started working for us, we immediately abandoned it.

How dare you criticize PC

Fundamental flaw of CFB. Any team with championship hopes that loses a game loses a ton of fan interest. I'll be honest, I'm going to watch the games but I really don't care anymore. Need conference championships to equal automatic births so the games matter all year. Time for the playoffs to go to 8, win the power 5, get a birth, 3 at large.

Maybe these players bought too much into their own hype... That's the best we can hope for, and that this will be a the wake-up call that getting ranked #4 to start the year doesn't actually give you anything. Still have to earn everything and prove it on the field. I saw almost this exact same team steamroll the regular season a year ago, nearly beat OSU, and beat Miami. I know they are a good team, 10x better than what they showed today.

Really hope to see them make a statement in Kinnick next week.... would be dreadful heading into a bye week 2-2 and unranked after entering the as #4. Makes me shudder just to think about. Players, coaches, everybody's gotta do better.

Just now, Packerraymond said:

Everyone here has blamed PC, the rest of us understand that the players were just as if not more at fault, save you.

Yeah this was not well coached at all. The timeouts at the end of the first half, not going back to what was working on offense, being afraid to throw more in general with Taylor in the game to try and get some balance going, it was a bad coaching performance.

Doesn't matter. My imaginary dog should coach us to a win over BYU. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

Were you actually watching Hornibrook? He was 1 read and underneath. 

But yeah, flawless coaching. 

Hornibrook is your basic collegiate QB who throws the ball late.  Whenever he goes back to pass I hold my breath.  I really thought when we hired an ex-QB as our HC we would be able to improve our passing game but instead we are still a run first unit that is screwed if they get behind.  Will we ever recruit a legit QB?  The best one we ever had in the last 20-odd years was a transfer.  

You gotta hand it to BYU.  They came to play and ran circles around us all afternoon.  As others here have said - we didn't deserve to win this game.  I hope this is a big time wake up call and we never underestimate an opponent again.  

5 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

Everyone here has blamed PC, the rest of us understand that the players were just as if not more at fault, save you.

Lol if you really believe I think the players aren't accountable. 

You just refuse to put any real type of onus on coaching. 

7 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

Fundamental flaw of CFB. Any team with championship hopes that loses a game loses a ton of fan interest. I'll be honest, I'm going to watch the games but I really don't care anymore. Need conference championships to equal automatic births so the games matter all year. Time for the playoffs to go to 8, win the power 5, get a birth, 3 at large.

But even so this team is not a playoff caliber team.  You don't let a 3 TD dog come into your house and push you around like that.