Wisconsin Badgers Thread | Fick got the Axe back

beekay414

18 minutes ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

I have no idea. It's not coaching that had "the best OL in America" get constantly beat the **** up in one on one matchups. That's just pride.

We've been giving up pressures all year to blitzes. I get that Hornibrook isn't Rodgers but he doesn't seem to have and concept of keeping himself protected.

5 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

We've been giving up pressures all year to blitzes. I get that Hornibrook isn't Rodgers but he doesn't seem to have and concept of keeping himself protected.

He takes forever to scan through reads, is constantly looking to check it down, and shrinks at the first sign of pressure. He's an average college football quarterback, and will never be anything more than that. Someone that would be fine for a mid-tier Big Ten team, but someone that would ideally be a four year backup for a team with real playoff aspirations.

Just now, titans0021 said:

He takes forever to scan through reads, is constantly looking to check it down, and shrinks at the first sign of pressure. He's an average college football quarterback, and will never be anything more than that. Someone that would be fine for a mid-tier Big Ten team, but someone that would ideally be a four year backup for a team with real playoff aspirations.

But none of that excuses the offensive line, which deserves a massive portion of the blame for today. Absolutely no excuse for constantly losing one-on-one battles in pass blocking and getting absolutely no push in the run game. 

1 hour ago, packerbacker87 said:

This program won’t win a title unless we....? 

Find or develop a QB that can either be a + as a pocket passer and be able to show NFL level arm strength on intermediate and deep passes 
OR
be a dual threat from the read option and rollouts off the running game.  

1 minute ago, titansNvolsR#1 said:

Didn't you guys already have Russell Wilson?

Yes, and we had an NC caliber team that year. 

On top of finding a good QB, and I guess I'll say "good" qualifies as a guy who at least gets serious consideration for all-conference honors, I personally think we need to recruit better. We've found the formula in the trenches, grab the lowly recruited big bodies and slowly develop them, but I think it always shows that our talent at DB/WR is just not there with any of the other programs that win as much as us. Although I can't say I see PC changing his approach to the recruiting trail any time soon.

When thinking about the game more, I just can't get over the lack of jet sweeps. One. For 25 yards. They were crashing the box and swarming to Taylor, that's the perfect combination for the jet sweep around the edge. It just seems like such an important and simple part of our offense to just completely abandon when it worked exactly the way it's supposed to the one time we actually used it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, squire12 said:

Find or develop a QB that can either be a + as a pocket passer and be able to show NFL level arm strength on intermediate and deep passes 
OR
be a dual threat from the read option and rollouts off the running game.  

You have one coming in.