Wisconsin Badgers Thread | Fick got the Axe back

beekay414

1 hour ago, beekay414 said:

Or just fleeing a dying conference for the B1G money. I would assume so since Fickell is getting a historic salary pool for assistants. 

That is what I'm feeling as well.  Big10 is stable in terms of $$ inflow to the conference/ schools vs ACC

Jacolby Criswell will be visiting Madison next week. Recruited by Longo while at Ole Miss and then followed him to UNC. I really hope we find another option as I'd want a more proven guy. He's a DT QB but, from the little I've seen, I hate his throwing motion and lack of touch on passes. Think we should set our sights higher.

14 hours ago, packerstk7 said:

I was much more shocked to hear that he was staying than that he is actually leaving.

Hopefully he takes 151-26-41 to Green Bay.

That would be great but I don't see MLF firing his present DC until the season is over and Leonard might not want to wait that long...

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Pugger said:

That would be great but I don't see MLF firing his present DC until the season is over and Leonard might not want to wait that long...

The bowl game is the 27th, so unless Leonhard wants to line up his next position while he's working for UW still, it's not really that long of a wait.

11 hours ago, beekay414 said:

Jacolby Criswell will be visiting Madison next week. Recruited by Longo while at Ole Miss and then followed him to UNC. I really hope we find another option as I'd want a more proven guy. He's a DT QB but, from the little I've seen, I hate his throwing motion and lack of touch on passes. Think we should set our sights higher.

Yeesh. The Hudl isn't anything better than Myles Burkett IMO. He's got one of those long shot put motions, those guys are never accurate. Honestly don't see how this guy got 4 stars and a bunch of offers.

1 hour ago, Packerraymond said:

Yeesh. The Hudl isn't anything better than Myles Burkett IMO. He's got one of those long shot put motions, those guys are never accurate. Honestly don't see how this guy got 4 stars and a bunch of offers.

Yeah, I'm not a fan. Same reason why I'd be hesitant on Mike Wright from Vandy. I don't like QBs that have unorthodox throwing motions. 

45 minutes ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

Interesting that the reaction here feels lukewarm. I'm thrilled, pretty much top to bottom. Not going to pretend to know exactly how good of hires the new offensive staff are, but this is the new blood we desperately, desperately needed. Clearly the vision is there. Finally!

I'm waiting until we find out QB before I get truly excited, color me, very cautiously optimistic. I don't want to watch an air raid offense with a trash QB though.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Pugger said:

Thing is, Leohnard is available....not that I feel football coaches/GMs/athletic directors are overly troubled by scruples, if someone was like "well, I don't want to go behind someone's back etc" the GB situation is probably as clear-cut as it gets. 

GB gave up 360+  yds rushing IN A GAME. In the NFL you're in trouble if that's a THREE GAME rushing yds allowed total. 

3 hours ago, Packerraymond said:

I'm waiting until we find out QB before I get truly excited, color me, very cautiously optimistic. I don't want to watch an air raid offense with a trash QB though.

Okay yeah if we're all bracing because we don't want to get hurt again, that I can understand.

1 hour ago, Packerraymond said:

Changes absolutely nothing. Get him out.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

Okay yeah if we're all bracing because we don't want to get hurt again, that I can understand.

Changes absolutely nothing. Get him out.

Dike, Bell, Allen, Lewis, Engram is actually really solid IMO. I know he was going to Minny, but I'd take him back. Just need to add a decent TE in the portal to go along with the obvious QB.