Wisconsin Badgers Thread | Fick got the Axe back

beekay414

6 minutes ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

Barry too. Buck stops with the boss.

Starts even higher than that. I guarantee the chancellor change has something to do with this as far as funds allocation and easing of admissions.

Like Whitewater found out, at the end of the day when you have a killer athletic program, the university as a whole makes more money.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

Starts even higher than that. I guarantee the chancellor change has something to do with this as far as funds allocation and easing of admissions.

Like Whitewater found out, at the end of the day when you have a killer athletic program, the university as a whole makes more money.

Yep. Getting Becky Blank the **** out of Madison was HUGE.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

Do we know the easing of admissions is true?

It's always been easier to transfer into UW than get in straight up.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

Do we know the easing of admissions is true?

It's always been easier to transfer into UW than get in straight up.

It's something I've heard smoke on, but you'll never get the direct words to come out of anyone's mouth. Put it this way, I don't think Fickell is here if the same standards were in place. Now it's not like we're opening the flood gates, but I would imagine they'll take a kid in the gray area they'd normally reject at the request of Fickell.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Packerraymond said:

It's something I've heard smoke on, but you'll never get the direct words to come out of anyone's mouth. Put it this way, I don't think Fickell is here if the same standards were in place. Now it's not like we're opening the flood gates, but I would imagine they'll take a kid in the gray area they'd normally reject at the request of Fickell.

Then yeah it's 100% above BA. Eventually who caused the switch to flip will come out. Way too many chatty people in and around the UW board for it not to. I'd honestly be surprised if it was just Becky Blank's vendetta, my impression is they don't do a whole lot without consensus.

18 minutes ago, squire12 said:

Dam, these are exciting times!!!!

@beekay414 based on who is incoming and returning,  how would pencil in the depth chart on offense?

Oh man, I have no idea. Best guess? OL is as good a guess as anyone's since it's a new staff.

QB Tanner Mordecai | Nick Evers | Braedyn Locke
RB Braelon Allen | Chez Mellusi | Nate White
WR CJ Williams | Quincy Burroughs | Tommy McIntosh | Vinny Anthony
WR Chimere Dike | Keontez Lewis | Markus Allen | Chris Brooks Jr
SLT Skyler Bell | Dean Engram | Will Pauling | Trech Kekahuna
TE Hayden Rucci | Clay Cundiff | JT Seagraves
LT Jack Nelson or Nolan Rucci
LG Jack Nelson or Michael Furtney
C Jake Renfro | Tanor Bortolini or Dylan Barrett
RG Michael Furtney or Tanor Bortolini
RT Joe Huber or Riley Mahlman

Only thing I know for sure IRT the OL is that Jake Renfro will be the starting C. Everything else is likely up for grabs. WRs are as good a guess as anyone. I slotted them in based on their builds and profiles. UNC had a lot of dudes catch balls last year so I'd imagine that it's going to be a rotating door at WR.

Edited by beekay414
  • Like 1