Wisconsin Badgers Thread | Fick got the Axe back

beekay414

Watching as many spring clips as I can find and, my word, this QB room is just as talented as all get out. I don't know if Fickell and Longo have some kind of magic up their sleeves but there's just no chance that we're going to be able to keep both Locke and Evers in the system beyond this season. Whoever loses the starting job in 2024 likely transfers again.

3 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

Got 4 and 5 in the state. Critical we land 1,2 and 3.

Gonna be a battle for Harbour, not sure we're gonna land Roy and we've been recruiting some higher ranked RBs over Smith for a while now so it'll just depend on how he takes that (Jordan Marshall and Caden Durham).

2 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

Potentially but when you're playing in Ohio and Texas, you're gonna get the bump over the Wisconsin kid unless he's the second coming of Barry Sanders.

Oh for sure, I'd just be disappointed if this staff wastes Smith chasing out of state hype that isn't as good.

1 minute ago, Packerraymond said:

Oh for sure, I'd just be disappointed if this staff wastes Smith chasing out of state hype that isn't as good.

In the end, I'm pretty sure we'll land him but Marshall is visiting this summer so, until then, I think Marshall's going to be the main priority even despite the fact that he's committed to Michigan. We just gotta keep Tennessee, Penn State and Notre Dame off our backs with Smith. Harbour's going be much more difficult since he's got a significantly stronger offer list (Michigan, Ohio State, Oregon, Penn State, Florida, Tennessee, Auburn).

Follow a guy who's got an entire Pro Day Google doc filled out. They never posted the official numbers and I think I know why now. He's got Torchio and Dort in the high 4.8s and Clark and Shaw both at 4.71. That's D3 secondary ****, and I'd argue we were faster than that my entire time at UWO. 

oof-old-man.gif

14 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

Follow a guy who's got an entire Pro Day Google doc filled out. They never posted the official numbers and I think I know why now. He's got Torchio and Dort in the high 4.8s and Clark and Shaw both at 4.71. That's D3 secondary ****, and I'd argue we were faster than that my entire time at UWO. 

oof-old-man.gif

Our DBs were insanely slow. One of the laziest recruited positions of the entire team, if not the laziest.