Wisconsin Badgers Thread | Fick got the Axe back

beekay414

3 hours ago, RandyMossIsBoss said:

Is there any chance we would bring in Kelly Bryant, and bench Horni his senior year? (I assume bringing him in would involve a promise that he will start). Honestly not even sure I'd rather have Bryant than Horni, and I pretty much know PC would never do his guy Horni like that.... but grad transfer QB season is the only time I feel like we can compete with the big boys in recruiting so I can't help but get excited even it doesn't make any sense, like in this situation lol

Zero chance. We're getting Alex Hornibrook for another 20+ games. 

2 minutes ago, RandyMossIsBoss said:

Well let's try not to be Scott Frost's 1st win. Hopefully we put up a dominant performance to instill some confidence before heading into 1 of our 2 toughest remaining games next week.

This needs to be our annual 30+ point reminder to Nebraska that their program sucks.

• Like 1

Hurts to not get 7 there, just dominated on the ground that drive, but we are gonna need to start hitting some big passes so they don't just fully sell out on the run.

It really bothers me that the media has started making out Hornibrook to be a good QB lately because it makes us sound like delusional/spoiled fans when we complain about him. He moved well in the pocket on the 3rd but then missed the open man by a mile. Then on 3rd that was a designed throw and he straight up missed it, was uncatchable (granted it may have been picked otherwise, but that's beside the point. He was not asked to make a read there). Merely an above average FBS QB at best.

6 minutes ago, RandyMossIsBoss said:

Hurts to not get 7 there, just dominated on the ground that drive, but we are gonna need to start hitting some big passes so they don't just fully sell out on the run.

It really bothers me that the media has started making out Hornibrook to be a good QB lately because it makes us sound like delusional/spoiled fans when we complain about him. He moved well in the pocket on the 3rd but then missed the open man by a mile. Then on 3rd that was a designed throw and he straight up missed it, was uncatchable (granted it may have been picked otherwise, but that's beside the point. He was not asked to make a read there). Merely an above average FBS QB at best.

He's better than above average. There are 130 FCS schools. He's probably in the top 25-40 or so of QBs.

The issue here is that in any given year, about 95% of CFB QBs are varying degrees of bad, so fanbases complain about having guys who would go really highly in a CFB QB fantasy draft.

Edited by ramssuperbowl99