Wisconsin Badgers Thread | Fick got the Axe back

beekay414

I've never seen a single player, GM or coach regress as hard as I've seen Paul Chryst regress this year. I told my dad before the opening game I've never been more wrong about disliking a hire than I was Chryst. He's been exactly the coach I thought we were getting this year. Miserably conservative, unimaginative, predictable, just downright bad.

2 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

I've never seen a single player, GM or coach regress as hard as I've seen Paul Chryst regress this year. I told my dad before the opening game I've never been more wrong about disliking a hire than I was Chryst. He's been exactly the coach I thought we were getting this year. Miserably conservative, unimaginative, predictable, just downright bad.

It’s incredible. Trying that field goal is so entirely unacceptable.

I knew we were in for a sloppy game since we’re at Northwestern... I knew it would be worse than usual because no Hornibrook, who for all his inefficiencies is still obviously by far the best QB we have... but this? Just embarrassing. This is just a disappointing team, top to bottom. Weaknesses were worse than we could have imagined while the strengths were nothing special.

I really don’t understand why/how this happened, given last year’s success and the returning talent, but this is probably our worst team since the 8-6 squad that trolled their way to the Rose Bowl.

On 10/13/2018 at 10:41 PM, RandyMossIsBoss said:

Well let's just hope we can beat Minnesota, make it to a crappy bowl, and then PRAY that Mertz is actually good and not just another overhyped QB for us. Also have to hope Leonhard wasn't a fluke last year riding the scheme and culture instilled by Arranda, and is actually a good DC, because we need excellent coaches to overcome the talent gap we will always have as long we refuse to recruit with the big boys. Also hope PC takes a long look at his playcalling, he was masterful during that 2011 season, I have no idea how he slowly turned into this run-run-pass 1 dimensional play caller, but I can only assume he has no choice because Horni and OL have been that incompetent.

It doesn't look like Leonhard has a lot to work with.   He lost a lot of talent with graduation and injuries.

4 hours ago, Packerraymond said:

I didn't understand all the excitement over Chryst either.   Yes, he's an alum but that doesn't mean he's the right guy for the job.  He is about as enthusiastic as a corpse at time.

Jonathan Taylor has a serious fumbling issue.  This is gonna hurt his chances of playing at the next level unless this if fixed - he can forget about the Heisman this year.  I really feel bad for the young man.  It isn't a good situation when your best player can't hang onto the damn ball.    :(

We seriously need to just stick with Coan the rest of the season. Don't even care about his redshirt. Then, come camp, have a 100% open competition with Coan, Hornibrook, Mertz, Vanden Boom and Wolf. Give everyone a fair shot to win the job. Enough with loyalty for the sake of loyalty.