Wisconsin Badgers Thread | Fick got the Axe back

beekay414

34 minutes ago, wgbeethree said:

My entire takeaway from this year is still going to end up being the disappointment in not being allowed the chance to roll Nebraska with our 4th string QB.

We would've butt****ed Nebraska, even with DVB. It's an annual occurrence at this point. They acted like they were pissed but, in reality, they were relieved cuz they didn't want this smoke.

20 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

We would've butt****ed Nebraska, even with DVB. It's an annual occurrence at this point. They acted like they were pissed but, in reality, they were relieved cuz they didn't want this smoke.

I can't even explain why I hate Nebraska so much. I literally have no connection to the "rivalry". I don't think I currently know a single Huskers fan. I don't think I have known a single fan in my life other than my grandma's friend who was a Huskers fan in the 80s who I haven't seen or heard of or from in 35 years, who I'm assuming is dead, and who (whom?) I remember fondly. I just think much like Texas, Tennessee, FSU, Miami, etc.etc. fans who's teams haven't been relevant in forever but get ranked every year that I think...."Really? You're still holding on to that?". They're almost as bad as mid majors who go 7-0 in the MAC or AAC that think they are an actual team. 🤷

2 minutes ago, wgbeethree said:

I can't even explain why I hate Nebraska so much. I literally have no connection to the "rivalry". I don't think I currently know a single Huskers fan. I don't think I have known a single fan in my life other than my grandma's friend who was a Huskers fan in the 80s who I haven't seen or heard of or from in 35 years, who I'm assuming is dead, and who (whom?) I remember fondly. I just think much like Texas, Tennessee, FSU, Miami, etc.etc. fans who's teams haven't been relevant in forever but get ranked every year that I think...."Really? You're still holding on to that?". They're almost as bad as mid majors who go 7-0 in the MAC or AAC that think they are an actual team. 🤷

lol just take pride that their only win in a decade, since joining the B1G, is a 3 point win vs Joel Stave, in Lincoln, that we avenge with a 70-31 ROUTE on a national stage lol. I've got a friend that used to post here that called me crying that game cuz it was "their year." I was drunk, he was drunk. It was fun. I drank more than I should've that night and it remains my favorite Badgers game ever, in part to Gus Johnson's call of "get outta my way, I'm headed to Pasadena." lol

24 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

lol just take pride that their only win in a decade, since joining the B1G, is a 3 point win vs Joel Stave, in Lincoln, that we avenge with a 70-31 ROUTE on a national stage lol. I've got a friend that used to post here that called me crying that game cuz it was "their year." I was drunk, he was drunk. It was fun. I drank more than I should've that night and it remains my favorite Badgers game ever, in part to Gus Johnson's call of "get outta my way, I'm headed to Pasadena." lol

Too bad you can't hand out cash and cocaine to kids and convince them into coming into a TERRIBLE  racist place and believing garbage like Toby Keith singing "I ain't as good as i once was but I'm as good once as I ever was."  only applies to the fans. That can't rebuild a program. 🤷

F××× Nebraska. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, wgbeethree said:

Too bad you can't hand out cash and cocaine to kids and convince them into coming into a TERRIBLE  racist place and believing garbage like Toby Keith singing "I ain't as good as i once was but I'm as good once as I ever was."  only applies to the fans. That can't rebuild a program. 🤷

F××× Nebraska. 

I love you lol

19 hours ago, beekay414 said:

Also my favorite game ever.

Every once in a while I'll break out the 10 minute highlight video from this game: 

Worth watching the whole thing if you've never seen it before, but 5:50 when it switches over to Hall of Fame is just an absolute gem.

Don't even know what my favorite part from that game is:

At the 45 second mark of the video Bo Pelini witnesses the harbinger of the end of his Power 5 career. I think deep down that he knew even then that Melvin Gordon was beyond anything he was prepared to deal with.

At 1 minute Martinez throws the pick 6 to Cromartie that really starts the rout.

2:00 was Nebraska's first real introduction to what Big Ten football is when distilled down into its purest essence

2:50 was what convinced Belichick that James White was going to have a 10 year NFL career

3:00 the WR pass back from Abbrederis to Phillips (???)

5:16 begins the greatest 2 minute drive in the history of college football 

5:53 James White passing touchdown. To end the first half at 42-10

6:21 Nebraska breaks

6:42 Montee Ball puts a tackler down with a stiff arm on the way to a long touchdown run. Plus "Get out of my way. I'm going to Pasadena."

8:00 Chris Boreland comes with the suplex

I completely forgot that the coaching staff designed this entire game plan around the fact that we didn't have a real QB.

Edited by AlexGreen#20
  • Like 1

On 11/15/2020 at 8:08 PM, AlexGreen#20 said:

Also my favorite game ever.

Every once in a while I'll break out the 10 minute highlight video from this game: 

Worth watching the whole thing if you've never seen it before, but 5:50 when it switches over to Hall of Fame is just an absolute gem.

Don't even know what my favorite part from that game is:

At the 45 second mark of the video Bo Pelini witnesses the harbinger of the end of his Power 5 career. I think deep down that he knew even then that Melvin Gordon was beyond anything he was prepared to deal with.

At 1 minute Martinez throws the pick 6 to Cromartie that really starts the rout.

2:00 was Nebraska's first real introduction to what Big Ten football is when distilled down into its purest essence

2:50 was what convinced Belichick that James White was going to have a 10 year NFL career

3:00 the WR pass back from Abbrederis to Phillips (???)

5:16 begins the greatest 2 minute drive in the history of college football 

5:53 James White passing touchdown. To end the first half at 42-10

6:21 Nebraska breaks

6:42 Montee Ball puts a tackler down with a stiff arm on the way to a long touchdown run. Plus "Get out of my way. I'm going to Pasadena."

8:00 Chris Boreland comes with the suplex

I completely forgot that the coaching staff designed this entire game plan around the fact that we didn't have a real QB.

A buddy of mine had Bud Light Party Pit tickets for a Green Bay Gamblers (amateur hockey) game the night of this game. Basically there’s just tables set up behind the goal and it’s all you can drink. They brought out a big screen for the Party Pit section, tossed the game on, and we watched zero seconds of hockey and were a complete mess by the end. Such a fun memory.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, titans0021 said:

A buddy of mine had Bud Light Party Pit tickets for a Green Bay Gamblers (amateur hockey) game the night of this game. Basically there’s just tables set up behind the goal and it’s all you can drink. They brought out a big screen for the Party Pit section, tossed the game on, and we watched zero seconds of hockey and were a complete mess by the end. Such a fun memory.

I drank large movie theater cups of captain and coke zero that night. I vowed to have one for every TD we scored before the game. Big. Big. Mistake. Took an Uber to the bar that night afterwards and managed to also chug an entire pitcher of beer because, when someone calls you a ***** in Wisconsin, you man up lol. I didn't leave my bed Sunday.