Wisconsin Badgers Thread | Fick got the Axe back

beekay414

7 minutes ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

No, I'm saying if Wisconsin is consistently in the 5-10 range and occasionally goes to the playoffs, plus the money that comes with it, and the end result is Fickell gets too extensive to go anywhere else.

Another year or 2 where OSU lays an egg against Michigan, and we'll start seeing how deep those OSU alum pockets are when it comes to NIL, coaching buyouts, and coaching contracts to be honest.

5 hours ago, squire12 said:

from what I have heard, if the OSU job opens and Fickell is offered the job, he is as good as gone

On OSUs end, I’ve heard Vrabels name mentioned a TON. He’s the one we really want, no disrespect to Luke. They’d both be amazing fits.

Just need to hope Tennessee is stupid enough to blame Vrabel for their problems.

Edited by candyman93

17 hours ago, squire12 said:

from what I have heard, if the OSU job opens and Fickell is offered the job, he is as good as gone

People on both the Clemson and Bama sides said that about Dabo when he joined. Easy to move back when the roots haven't set in yet. Every year he's here it's gonna get tougher.

11 hours ago, candyman93 said:

On OSUs end, I’ve heard Vrabels name mentioned a TON. He’s the one we really want, no disrespect to Luke. They’d both be amazing fits.

And this is the other part. Fickell would probably be successful there, but is he the only guy who would? Is OSU going to get their top target no matter the cost? They'll have multiple high end targets near whatever the standard range is for a top of the line college coach ($10MM-ish now, who knows eventually), are they going to pay a massive premium for Fickell specifically?

Long term, I'm skeptical on both fronts.

1 hour ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

People on both the Clemson and Bama sides said that about Dabo when he joined. Easy to move back when the roots haven't set in yet. Every year he's here it's gonna get tougher.

And this is the other part. Fickell would probably be successful there, but is he the only guy who would? Is OSU going to get their top target no matter the cost? They'll have multiple high end targets near whatever the standard range is for a top of the line college coach ($10MM-ish now, who knows eventually), are they going to pay a massive premium for Fickell specifically?

Long term, I'm skeptical on both fronts.

It depends on THE GAME. Tressel and Urban were both Ohio guys after hiring an out of state guy in Cooper.

If Day collapses and falls flat on his face with an Oklahoma State D coordinator, they’ll move heaven and earth to land their guy, who is an alum, helped lead that 2014 defense to a National Title, and let’s face it, if Fickell does great up at Wisky the hottest name in coaching.