Wisconsin Badgers Thread | Fick got the Axe back

beekay414

On 9/11/2017 at 0:17 AM, titans0021 said:

The defense has been getting beat up since spring ball. It should get better as the year goes on.

This may legitimately be the worst Badgers team since the pre-Russell Wilson era, but the schedule is so weak that we're still the best team in the West and really shouldn't lose more than two regular season games.

:oBut the young guys are gonna turn this around, right? Taylor looked awesome!!

Just now, PackyAttacky said:

:oBut the young guys are gonna turn this around, right? Taylor looked awesome!!

Yeah, I think my phrasing on that may have been more harsh than it should have been. The main difference is that we've had some truly elite defenses over the last few years and while I think it will get better as the season goes on, I don't think the talent is there for it to be great. Taylor looks like he has the potential to add some true explosiveness to the offense, which is desperately needed.

It's not that it's a bad team. I think this Badgers team can be good. But they also have the huge advantage of really only playing one team that even qualifies as good in the regular season.

Hornibrook was phenomenal, somehow that statline doesn't even do him justice, that's how good he looked out there today. He did take some dumb sacks, but his pinpoint passing more than made up for it. Not since the Russell Wilson season have we actually had a collection of pass catchers like we seem to have right now, multiple valid options who bring different talents to the table. If this pass game can continue to grow I am excited to see just how good this team can be.

8 hours ago, PackyAttacky said:

Yeah watching Horny on Saturday was a treat no doubt. I have no idea what to make of this Badgers team , but I am going to enjoy the ride. Is the freshman that good or is it just lack of competition?

I think he might legit end up being that good. For a freshman, his combination of vision, patience and burst is incredibly impressive.