Wisconsin Badgers Thread | Fick got the Axe back

beekay414

1 minute ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

Oh, you mean like how when PC first got here he played Bart Houston, but then 2 games in switched to a freshman Alex Hornibrook? Is that what you mean when you say "pain in the ***"?

He's already shown he'll go with the younger guy, if he's better. And yes, for all his flaws, Hornibrook was clearly better than Houston.

And what did he do that entire season? Played musical chairs with them. He has no clue wtf he's doing with the QB position.

Just now, AlexGreen#20 said:

Mertz isn't that kind of recruit. QBs can drop into that transfer portal in a minute and be fine. 

Oh I think he could transfer for sure, but the comment I'm responding to, which is basically that PC has a bunch of brainwashed cult followers who do whatever he says, was absurd. It stands to reason that Mertz would also be in the cult, you know, since he could have gone anywhere for college and went here. So I'm not arguing that Mertz won't transfer, I'm arguing that the post I quoted is ridiculous on its face.

1 minute ago, beekay414 said:

And what did he do that entire season? Played musical chairs with them. He has no clue wtf he's doing with the QB position.

You aren't even arguing the same thing consistently anymore. Its fine to be mad, I am too, but you can just be mad without trying to make overarching points.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

Oh I think he could transfer for sure, but the comment I'm responding to, which is basically that PC has a bunch of brainwashed cult followers who do whatever he says, was absurd. It stands to reason that Mertz would also be in the cult, you know, since he could have gone anywhere for college and went here. So I'm not arguing that Mertz won't transfer, I'm arguing that the post I quoted is ridiculous on its face.

I'm not sure it is. QB is a different ballgame. 

Just now, ramssuperbowl99 said:

You aren't even arguing the same thing consistently anymore. Its fine to be mad, I am too, but you can just be mad without trying to make overarching points.

We just had a coach call a game plan, after a month to prepare, that was limited because of our QB. If you truly believe he would've had to do that with Graham Mertz, I'm sorry. Chryst sucks. There's nothing more to say.

Just now, AlexGreen#20 said:

I'm not sure it is. QB is a different ballgame. 

Mertz said he was redshirting right away this year, and PC actually said he wasn't sure about that yet.

Everything we have to go on, from PC's history with other transcendent players, to PC's handling of other QBs here where he's shown a willingness to play the young guy if he's better, to how Mertz handled his own redshirt, suggests that he was at best neck and neck with Coan and fine with how he was treated.

3 minutes ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

Do you listen to these kids ******* talk? LOL

They ALL talk in coach speak that SCREAMS Paul Chryst. They aren't going to challenge him because he chose to play Jack Coan, who they all called their leader. Get real.

5 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

Bro, do you know who's in that locker room? Those kids all spout the same bull**** Chryst spews. These are 18-22 year old kids that are obedient because they can be benched or left behind in the dust in an instant. This isn't the NFL lol. 

That's not how a locker room works. You honestly think 18 year old kids in today's day and age would willingly be mindless followers of a middle aged white guy without any input from themselves into their program? We'd be Rutgers. Not a chance in hell we wouldn't see waves of kids transfer out and win 3 games. These kids run the program like any good program. Chryst is there to make sure it's lead properly.

Just now, beekay414 said:

We just had a coach call a game plan, after a month to prepare, that was limited because of our QB. If you truly believe he would've had to do that with Graham Mertz, I'm sorry. Chryst sucks. There's nothing more to say.

I would argue a good amount of our limited playbook came from our OL. It wasn't just Coan.

Mertz said he was redshirting right away this year, and PC actually said he wasn't sure about that yet.

Everything we have to go on, from PC's history with other transcendent players, to PC's handling of other QBs here where he's shown a willingness to play the young guy if he's better, to how Mertz handled his own redshirt, suggests that he was at best neck and neck with Coan and fine with how he was treated.

How do we know PC didn't initially tell Mertz he was redshirting, and then when Mertz got on campus and showed what he had, PC backtracked and considered starting him? 

Just now, beekay414 said:

How do we know PC didn't initially tell Mertz he was redshirting, and then when Mertz got on campus and showed what he had, PC backtracked and considered starting him? 

Mertz was talking about how he wanted to get the most out of his "4 possible starts" in an interview after his first game in relief of Coan, and then PC said there wasn't a final decision on his redshirt.

2 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

That's not how a locker room works. You honestly think 18 year old kids in today's day and age would willingly be mindless followers of a middle aged white guy without any input from themselves into their program? We'd be Rutgers. Not a chance in hell we wouldn't see waves of kids transfer out and win 3 games. These kids run the program like any good program. Chryst is there to make sure it's lead properly.

Do you not see the kind of kids we recruit? You can't lump our kids in with all 18 year olds.

Mertz was talking about how he wanted to get the most out of his "4 possible starts" in an interview after his first game in relief of Coan, and then PC said there wasn't a final decision on his redshirt.

Didn't you just tell me not to take what our coaches say at face value?