Wisconsin Badgers Thread | Fick got the Axe back

beekay414

23 hours ago, RandyMossIsBoss said:

70% completions, 2,700 yards, 18 TDs, 5 INTs, 151.8 passer rating

Coan's stats in 2019. Blew my mind, I totally forgot he put up these kind of numbers. Just imagine the kind of production a great QB could have. Coan is very solid, P5 starter material no doubt, and he had a good year... but he's not that good. Between Mertz and now Hill, I really like our chances of seeing great QB play within the next 5 years, which is pretty much essential to CFP success if the past several winners are any indication. I'm guessing PC will stick with Coan in 2020, and maybe he'll take a major step in his game and become a more consistent passer, but without Cephus I don't like those odds. If Mertz somehow wins job from him, I'll be near convinced he's the real deal before he even takes a meaningful snap, considering PC's love of upperclassmen. 

It's literally the one position that's been holding us back. If we address it with legitimate NFL caliber prospects, we could most definitely win a title. I mean, we went 13-1 with Alex friggin' Hornibrook. I repeat, we went 13-1 with a QB that threw an INT in 9 of 10 conference games and four of them were multi-INT games. His B1G stat line that year? 13 TDs, 14 INT. 

Edited by beekay414
  • Like 1

23 hours ago, Oregon Ducks said:

Ya'll were not this good at recruiting before. What changed?

Chryst is the anti-crootin recruits' coach. He offers a bunch of kids and has gotten really good at identifying guys who are going to end up liking his vibe. And we're basically just shooting the moon on Plan A guys he found a while ago.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
2 hours ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

I think the Michigan 247 board may hate Loy more than Ohio State,

I think most of us like Loy as a person, and respect his grind on the trail, but the homerism in his Crystal Ball picks is probably what grates us most. That and how many players weren't actually takes at ND/ND never really pushed that hard for.

The Spindler recruitment has all the telltale signs of a major Loy'd moment. Just need for the final domino to drop.

Edited by JammerHammer21

9 hours ago, JammerHammer21 said:

I think most of us like Loy as a person, and respect his grind on the trail, but the homerism in his Crystal Ball picks is probably what grates us most. That and how many players weren't actually takes at ND/ND never really pushed that hard for.

The Spindler recruitment has all the telltale signs of a major Loy'd moment. Just need for the final domino to drop.

This is actually something that OSU and Michigan fans are 100% in agreement with.