Raiders place Janikowski on IR

RaidersAreOne

Happy for Giorgio Tavecchio, I thought we were going with Josh Lambo after the recent news.

Even if Lambo is better than Giorgio, I agree with keeping the Italian because he has chemistry with Jon Condo and Marquette King in snaps and holding for multiple offseasons.

Yeah it's nice having a guy that we have been working with for a few years in the wings because rhythm and comfort matter in the kicking game. Another smart move by Reggie. Did the same kind of thing with King and Lechler, except King forced the issue earlier.

I wonder if they bring Valles back now since Tavecchio took his spot on the practice squad.

Bad news, hopefully Tevecchio can step up. He's been with us a while so have to think the staff like him.

We've been pretty lucky in the last few year in regards to injuries, hope we aren't going to have one of those years. Mack missing practice this week with a knee injury might be a sign we are looking to control a problem. 

1 hour ago, drfrey13 said:

Have to decide between Kirkland, Jano, and Obi now if they all come back healthy.

I think Obi comes back no matter what. Jano future is up in the air. If it looks like he could be back within that 8 weeks but Vecc is kick the ball well we might release him so we keep that last return designation for someone that may get injured down the line. Kirkland can be released and added to the Practice squad when healthy without too much concern that he'll get snatched IMO.

43 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

Unfortunately, Seabass is likely done as a Raider. He's 38, bad back now and his contract is up. I don't see him coming off IR and kicking for the team again. Sad to see him go out this way. 

I was thinking the same thing. I'm sure we'll do something for him next year (even tho we don't retire #s) if this really is it for him.

Archived