Raiders place Janikowski on IR

RaidersAreOne

If G. Tavecchio doesn't do well over the next 7 games, then I could see us bringing S. Janikowski back.  If we do end up letting him test FA, I'm sure S. Janikowski can find another team if he wants.  If Shane Lechler can still punt at 41, then I'm sure Janikowski can do it for another 2-3 years as well.  I hate when people say what I'm about to say, but I think we need to calm down when it comes to saying that he's done as a Raider.

23 minutes ago, Jerry said:

If G. Tavecchio doesn't do well over the next 7 games, then I could see us bringing S. Janikowski back.  If we do end up letting him test FA, I'm sure S. Janikowski can find another team if he wants.  If Shane Lechler can still punt at 41, then I'm sure Janikowski can do it for another 2-3 years as well.  I hate when people say what I'm about to say, but I think we need to calm down when it comes to saying that he's done as a Raider.

We are just going with the odds. He is a 39 yo kicker with back issues. Of course, it's possible that he recovers and hopefully he does. We are just looking at what could be in the future with Vecci since we are coming to the phase where every dollar will matter in our cap.

Archived