Week 7: NE Pats vs NY Jets MNF

Bobby816

14 hours ago, mattmanz91 said:

I think some people took it as he was seeing pressure that was non existent, when in fact it just means he was struggling to identify the looks he was getting. 

The broadcasters mentioned NE switching from man to zone presnap.  We'd motion for Sam to identify the coverage and then after the motion they would switch to zone.

If true that is the first time I remember hearing anything like that.  Insanely impressive for a unit to pull that off if true.  The mentioned it on Sam's floater INT in the red zone where he threw it to no one but the NE safety.   

5 minutes ago, Rockice_8 said:

The broadcasters mentioned NE switching from man to zone presnap.  We'd motion for Sam to identify the coverage and then after the motion they would switch to zone.

If true that is the first time I remember hearing anything like that.  Insanely impressive for a unit to pull that off if true.  The mentioned it on Sam's floater INT in the red zone where he threw it to no one but the NE safety.   

Their pressure disguise is mauling the league. They're getting free runners when only sending 4 because OL can't figure out their assignments. This has shades of Rex and what he did to keep Brady off the ball in the AFCDG. You show 7 on the line to fake the zero but only send 3/4/5 and sit your guys back. Force the QB to re-read the defense after the snap, with only seconds to make a decision, knowing that pass rusher is right on your neck.

This is the stuff that terrorized a prime Tom Brady. Darnold didn't have a chance.