Week 7: NE Pats vs NY Jets MNF

Bobby816

Just to echo, quickly watching the Eagles/Jets game. One strip sack where Edoga gave it up, Falk literally just stood there instead of stepping into the pocket and allowed it to happen. Falk was truly awful in every sense.  That is why Darnold doesn't get sacked as much, he knows how to move around in a pocket and helps the OL out. 

21 minutes ago, NYJets4716 said:

Gase got called out a lot, especially by Manish. But when you have a QB as bad as Luke Falk, there is not much you can do. He looked lost and so confused out there. That is why he was released, he just doesn't belong in the NFL. 

I think Gase and the organization already knew this about Falk and essentially just conceded once Siemian went down, and by that I mean Gase chose not to show off his playbook knowing Falk wasn't capable of executing it. I thought this watching the games and have since heard media personnel voice the same sentiment. 

Gregg Williams has been a homerun hire. My perception of him prior to joining the team and how I view him now are completely different. He should be a head coach in this league. Hopefully he waits for the right spot and that spot comes in like 5 years after we’ve won at least one super bowl.

• Like 1

I think the Jets get a win here. The Pats are due for a loss and it will be with the Jets. Now that Sam is back that will push the safeties back open room up for Bell. I think Bell carries this team to a win because he wants to show off on nation TV that he is not a joke and go off on the best D in the league.

Sam. 293 yards 2 TD  1 INT

Bell  112 yards rushing 1 TD. 5 rec. 74 yards 1 TD

Crowder 8 rec. 90 yards

Anderson 3 rec 80 yards 1 TD (breaks one for 58 yard TD)

Mosley gets INT and leads team in tackles with 10. 

Final score 

Jets 27  Pats 24. (Pats miss last second FG to take it in OT)

I think Q and the rest of the D L will be key. If they prevent Brady from stepping up in the pocket, I think most of his passes with be short.  I trust Adams, Mosely, Hewitt and Poole to make plays much more than any of out outside CBs.

if our DL can put pressure up the middle and control the run we can actually squeeze out a win if Sam and the Offense can get at least 20 Pt’s.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Rich51 said:

I think Q and the rest of the D L will be key. If they prevent Brady from stepping up in the pocket, I think most of his passes with be short.  I trust Adams, Mosely, Hewitt and Poole to make plays much more than any of out outside CBs.

if our DL can put pressure up the middle and control the run we can actually squeeze out a win if Sam and the Offense can get at least 20 Pt’s.

I think you are right, The Pats, receivers are bang up, if the Jets can put any kind of pressure on Brady, we could have a chance to win. The only problem our O line is banged up and that could spell real trouble for Darnold. And that NE defensive is tough. With that said I will be a shock if the Jets win on their home field. I would really like to know what Bill Belichick, is writing down on paper with that golf pencil, after every play.

We all know the key to this game. How does any team beat Brady and NE? Hitting and getting to Brady. If we do that (not sure we can) we stand a chance. We give him all day to throw and don’t stop his quick release with playing press... Brady and NE will win.

18 minutes ago, NYJets4716 said:

Darnold is severely underrated by others on ff and i love it. I would love if he can help beat the pats Monday night,  gonna be real tough but sneaking out a win would make the season 

That is not true at all the sports radio station down here in Orlando do not underrate Darnold. Both Darnold & Rosen with the right offensive teams around them would be outstanding QB, Cleveland Browns made a huge mistake by not takin Darnold, with the first overall pick in the draft.

1 hour ago, NYJets4716 said:

Darnold is severely underrated by others on ff and i love it. I would love if he can help beat the pats Monday night,  gonna be real tough but sneaking out a win would make the season 

These forums are flooded with Browns fans and NE/MIA fans are very vocal around the board. Doesn't surprise me that he's underrated on these forums.