Week 7 (TNF) GDT: Chiefs @ Broncos

champ11

Expecting we will lose this game by ~7-10 points. Might be close for awhile. I think even though our defense is playing better, our offense just sputters too much, and against a team like the Chiefs, Mahomes is going to expose your deeper CBs.

I do expect a steady diet of Lindsay/Freeman, but we need to be able to consistently run.

I'll say 27-17 KC.

21 minutes ago, Joe_is_the_best said:

We could definitely pull this off if Mahomes' ankle is gimpy. The timing of this game sure helps in that regard.

Yeah Mahomes is a miracle worker and is playing possum until I see otherwise for 4 quarters. If he can throw left handed, do no look passes, I have little doubt he can go to south paw with footwork. 

2 weeks ago a loss by 14+ wouldn’t have shocked anyone.  Now a DEN win has a clear path.  Not because we are suddenly so much better - but KC’s injuries make them mega vulnerable to our strengths and minimize our weaknesses.  

Keys:

1.   Can the decimated KC D stop our run game to keep ToP more even? IND then HOU just stomped the D in the run game and got 38 & 39 mins each.  We go 35-36 and it neutralizes that O, along with..

2.   Is Mahomes’ ankle ok?   I think he’s been playing through a HAS - which is nuts.  Any other skill position they wouldn’t be doing it.      But at QB if you don’t have to move around as much we’ve seen it before (disclosed after fact it was a HAS and not a low ankle sprain weeks later).   When he can’t move around as much it makes a huge diff.  

3.  How does our secondary hold up vs. Hill / Kelce / RB & secondary WR’s - we were lucky enough to face LAC with no Hunter Henry and a gimpy Mike Williams & MG3 (taking touches away from Ekeler).  And then a TEN O that relies on their run game, our newfound strength with Purcell and Alexander Johnson providing much needed support there.   No Sammy Watkins but Mecole Hardman / Denarcus Robinson fit the secondary roles nicely and the 3-headed RB add threats in the pass game.   If we can’t get to Mahomes the options we need to cover are that much more diverse and dangerous than the past 2 weeks.  

4. TO’s & penalties - even bigger on a short week.  

Because KC’s injuries make them weakest where we are strongest, being a short week and at home, I’ll go 27-24 KC but I’m not shocked if we win.  Ppl know my feelings on that - so I hope my prediction  is right but we show up for a great game.   Any game with Mahomes should make for great viewing.

Edited by Broncofan
  • Like 2

51 minutes ago, Broncofan said:

Ppl know my feelings on that - so I hope my prediction  is right

I've always was locked step in that opinion with you even though I disagree with a lot.  This is the most excited I've been for a game since the superbowl though. It feels like this team and organization are going somewhere after a forgetful Vance Joseph era. 

As long as it isn't a blow out I'll enjoy the outcome regardless. 

11 hours ago, Broncofan said:

2 weeks ago a loss by 14+ wouldn’t have shocked anyone.  Now a DEN win has a clear path.  Not because we are suddenly so much better - but KC’s injuries make them mega vulnerable to our strengths and minimize our weaknesses.  

Keys:

1.   Can the decimated KC D stop our run game to keep ToP more even? IND then HOU just stomped the D in the run game and got 38 & 39 mins each.  We go 35-36 and it neutralizes that O, along with..

This really is the key.

The Chiefs have been held under 23 minutes time of possession in their two losses. The last 50 teams to be held under 23 mins TOP are 6-44 as per John Breech from CBS. We absolutely have to dominate the TOP.

Sure, that means us running the ball very effectively. We know this. But eventually the Chiefs are going to crowd the LOS and we HAVE to make plays in the passing game on 3rd and short. Keenum was truly atrocious at this. Joe has improved us yet we will have to be a lot better than we were in the 2nd half of our last 2 games.

I just can't pick us to win a game against an Offense like the Chiefs have, unfortunately.

• Like 2

Yes KC are going to crowd the LOS so we need to push the line 5/6 yds with short pass to the slot WR or play 2 TE Formation during 2/3 drives. 

KC want to win a shootout this is the game that end our streak of 15 games without at least 30 pts. The last time 45-10 against ARZ 10/19/18

I watched Carlos Hyde torch the Chiefs defense. If the Broncos can keep Mahomes off the field by a solid ground game and if the Broncos can continue their play the Broncos have a chance. If they try to air it out and morph back into the defense they put out there like in the Jags game then they lose. I'm going Broncos by three with a last minute field goal.