Week 7 GDT: Giants vs. Cardinals @ 1:05pm EST

Giants4eva

Feeling a whole lot better about this week with the time our team has had to rest up. Call it a mini bye week. Pretty sure were gonna see Saquon back in the lineup this time. I can only hope that Evan is healthy enough to play, but well see. No Sterling Shephard is pretty hard to swallow but he's gonna be out a while. Our defence showed some serious grit in the last outing. I think they are starting to buy into what James Bettcher's selling. I was very pleased with how they went out against the top team in the league last Thursday. This game is gonna be a tough one as well as it looks like Kyler is starting to hit his stride. The Cardinals revolve solely around him. If we can manage to contain him, this game is won plain and simple.  Giants 27 - Cards 19

Edited by Giants4eva

Shepard should be out for a while, but from all accounts, he is participating in just about every aspect of practice. He may be back sooner than we think.

Engram and Barkley both seem very optimistic that they will play, which is a fantastic sign. Arizona is on a bit of a win streak now and they are getting P2 back, which should help their abysmal pass defense. Hopefully we come out with a win.

This is a huge  game, we win this then the next game and the next game after that gets bigger and become more important as we try to hold on to this season. While the defense showed some heart, I am wondering how much they were aided by the wind throwing off some of Tom Brady's throws.

We are at home, we are the better rested team,  had extra time to prepare for this game and are getting some key weapons back. I am not going give a prediction, i'll take a win any way we can get it.  

On paper we should win this game easily

• Giants had 10 days off
  • We should be getting Saquon and Engram back
  • Cardinals are a west coast team traveling and playing a 1 o'clock east coast game
  • They have the worst pass defense in the league. After playing two top 5 defenses, this should feel easy

But it's the NFL and anything can happen. I think the only way they have a chance is if Murray comes out and makes a bunch of plays with his legs. Should be a good rookie v rookie matchup.

Edited by Gmen

Engram, Barkley, Gallman, Olsen Pierre all FULL at practice today. Shep was limited, Ballentine DNP. This mini bye week helped us out. Jones will have Barkley back and 3/4 top weapons.

Shepard is really making a lot of progress as well. The consensus seems to be Shepard should be back sooner than later. He is doing everything at practice except contact.

This is going to be a tough game. The Cardinals haven't played good competition the past 2 weeks, but they put together good performances. Their defense is not good at all, but Chandler Jones and Terrel Suggs are scary, and they are getting P2 back. Meanwhile, Kyler Murray is playing like I thought he would. He's been fantastic the past 2 weeks. Should be a good, close game.

16 minutes ago, minutemancl said:

This is going to be a tough game. The Cardinals haven't played good competition the past 2 weeks, but they put together good performances. Their defense is not good at all, but Chandler Jones and Terrel Suggs are scary, and they are getting P2 back. Meanwhile, Kyler Murray is playing like I thought he would. He's been fantastic the past 2 weeks. Should be a good, close game.

Ya i can see this coming down to the wire. Key in this game is try the very best they can to contain Kyler.