Week 7: Patriots at Jets MNF

SBLIII

This likely won't be as easy as the first game. The Jets will play at home, are healthier and have a much better QB. That said, I think they overachieved last week a bit. The Jets weapons still leave a lot to be desired out there. I think the pass rush is going to have a big game and the secondary matches up well with the Jets receivers. On the other side, it looks like Dorsett will return but Gordon could miss the game meaning it could be rough offensively. We need to find a way to run the football but it will be tough sledding against the Jets front. Don't expect a blowout but the defense keeps going strong and we win a 2 possession game similar to last year.

NE 24

NYJ 10

5 minutes ago, SBLIII said:

A Gilmore pick 6 would please me.

I wouldn’t be shocked. Darnold has talent but he has shown a willingness to put the ball in harms way and it’s not like they have great weapons.

You still don’t think they’re going to break the Point differential record? This will be a 3 score game again and next week against the Baker led browns will be another.

2 minutes ago, CP3MVP said:

I wouldn’t be shocked. Darnold has talent but he has shown a willingness to put the ball in harms way and it’s not like they have great weapons.

You still don’t think they’re going to break the Point differential record? This will be a 3 score game again and next week against the Baker led browns will be another.

no, however if they continue adding defense and special teams touchdowns to the total and we get healthy on offense there might be a chance.

We struggled on offense vs the Giants but we were also close to scoring 42 points if we would have run the final play, 40 the week before if Brady doesn't make a huge mistake. If we continue that the offense doesn't need to be great for us to average 30+

points given up by the Patriots since the bye last year

15 games, 201 PA, average of 13.4

We now have close to 1 season sample size.

Unless the offense screws up (again) or/and Gunner muffs a punt I don't see how the Jets score more than 10-14 points. I'm confused how some of them predict 27-31 points for the Jetskies.