Week 7: Patriots at Jets MNF

SBLIII

2 hours ago, Elky said:

I've got a bad feeling about this one. We're on the road, really banged up and NYJ are more energized with Darnold back.

on one side of the ball, our defense is healthy. Besides that, our injuries really aren't anything out of norm. Couple injuries but for the most part what you expect in week 7

On 10/19/2019 at 8:07 AM, SBLIII said:

only thing I'm worried is that one big play that he is good for per game. Other than that I doubt he will do anything against Gilmore.

And it’s not like they have anything else in the pass catching game to really worry about. Shut down LeVeon likes he’s been all season and this will be another laugher 

On 19/10/2019 at 1:00 PM, SBLIII said:

points given up by the Patriots since the bye last year

15 games, 201 PA, average of 13.4

We now have close to 1 season sample size.

Unless the offense screws up (again) or/and Gunner muffs a punt I don't see how the Jets score more than 10-14 points. I'm confused how some of them predict 27-31 points for the Jetskies. 

People have fallen in love with Darnold precisely because he's NOT Falk, and the notion that Gase has kept his entire preferred playbook back for Sam. Whilst that may all be true, and that he's certainly a better QB than Falk (and Baker....tee hee), it's now approaching hype levels. Which is always fun, isn't it.

4 hours ago, Elky said:

I've got a bad feeling about this one. We're on the road, really banged up and NYJ are more energized with Darnold back.

With KC's demise, the pressure is kinda off (IMO anyway). We can lose a trap game and it's all fine - just don't lose later in the year and don't lose to HOU

Edited by Hunter2_1

OUT

• Patriots: WR Josh Gordon (knee/ankle), TE Matt LaCosse (knee), TE Ryan Izzo (concussion)
  • Jets: LB Albert McClellan (concussion)

DOUBTFUL

• Patriots: no players listed
  • Jets: RB Trenton Cannon (foot/ankle), TE Chris Herndon (hamstring), OT Kelvin Beachum (ankle), G Kelechi Osemele (shoulder), DE Henry Anderson (shoulder), LB Neville Hewitt (neck/knee)

1 hour ago, Hunter2_1 said:

People have fallen in love with Darnold precisely because he's NOT Falk, and the notion that Gase has kept his entire preferred playbook back for Sam. Whilst that may all be true, and that he's certainly a better QB than Falk (and Baker....tee hee), it's now approaching hype levels. Which is always fun, isn't it.

That is actually not why people love him. They love him because hes actually good and after this season we will see that. Regardless of what happens in this game because obviously the Patriots are a better team and have a great defense. Darnold is the first legitimate threat to the Patriots in the AFC East since Brady took over. First time a team has a QB who can be a franchise guy other than the Pats. THe QBs on the JEts, Dolphins, Bills have been largely awful during the Patriots dynasty. 

Regardless of this game, I think the JEts will be on a roll after it as we face easier teams. The Patriots defense is for real, and I am interested to see Darnold face them.

Just now, NYJets4716 said:

That is actually not why people love him. They love him because hes actually good and after this season we will see that.

Yeah, never said he wasn't good. I know he's good. 

Regardless of what happens in this game because obviously the Patriots are a better team and have a great defense. Darnold is the first legitimate threat to the Patriots in the AFC East since Brady took over. First time a team has a QB who can be a franchise guy other than the Pats. THe QBs on the JEts, Dolphins, Bills have been largely awful during the Patriots dynasty. 

You're harsh on your own Pennington there. He was a franchise QB who we rated highly for a while. Shame about injuries.

Regardless of this game, I think the JEts will be on a roll after it as we face easier teams. The Patriots defense is for real, and I am interested to see Darnold face them.

Agreed.

That wasn't an attack on Darnold, who I believe is the best QB of that draft - just why it's ALL of a sudden, yaknow.

3 hours ago, Hunter2_1 said:

With KC's demise, the pressure is kinda off (IMO anyway). We can lose a trap game and it's all fine - just don't lose later in the year and don't lose to HOU

We dedinitely have room for error and we're gonna have to lose eventually, just not NYJ.