Week 7 - Rams @ Falcons

RamRod

On 10/16/2019 at 12:46 PM, BStanRamFan said:

I'll say it... I want another week of Brown and Henderson. Sit Gurley. Run game looked the best it did all year on opening drive and unfortunately the line just got man handled by the best Dline in league. The Falcons are not. Feed Brown and Henderson. 

BStan, you're crazy, dude. Haha.

Edited by jrry32
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, jrry32 said:

BStan, you're crazy, dude. Haha.

Knowing that Malcom is banged up that statement may look crazy, but a healthy Brown is bouncing off tackles, making players miss. I wanted to give Gurley every chance to prove the doubters wrong this season and the O-Line has dont him zero favors, but he looks different. Half a step slower, but still great in the red zone. 

Henderson just needs to play more in general. The fumble I will attribute to nerves, but he has the ability to break long runs and change games. We saw that with his few carries against SF

25 minutes ago, BStanRamFan said:

Knowing that Malcom is banged up that statement may look crazy, but a healthy Brown is bouncing off tackles, making players miss. I wanted to give Gurley every chance to prove the doubters wrong this season and the O-Line has dont him zero favors, but he looks different. Half a step slower, but still great in the red zone. 

Henderson just needs to play more in general. The fumble I will attribute to nerves, but he has the ability to break long runs and change games. We saw that with his few carries against SF

He also arguably cost us the SF game (although, I'd say the stand at the 1 and the dropped pick six are just as much to blame).

8 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

He also arguably cost us the SF game (although, I'd say the stand at the 1 and the dropped pick six are just as much to blame).

I'd say the other two were direct scoring opportunties and hold more weight, but yes that fumble messed up alot of momentum. BUT this is what you get when you dont ease a guy in through the first 5 games of the season. He had 2 touches then he gets thrown in against the best D Line in the league/divisional opponent/no Gurley. Not the best way to acclimate him to the NFL I'd say. On the fumble he was looking downfield before securing the ball, just rookie stuff.  I would love to see him and Gurley on the field at the same time.

16 hours ago, BStanRamFan said:

I'd say the other two were direct scoring opportunties and hold more weight, but yes that fumble messed up alot of momentum. BUT this is what you get when you dont ease a guy in through the first 5 games of the season. He had 2 touches then he gets thrown in against the best D Line in the league/divisional opponent/no Gurley. Not the best way to acclimate him to the NFL I'd say. On the fumble he was looking downfield before securing the ball, just rookie stuff.  I would love to see him and Gurley on the field at the same time.

Frankly, BStan, that play was too. I'd like to see Henderson get time too. But he can't be making mistakes like that. If you go back and watch the All-22, if Hav makes the block on Sherman, Henderson only has to beat the safety for a TD. McVay called literally the perfect play. But Henderson dropped the ball, so we'll never know if Hav makes the block or Henderson beats the safety in the open field. Still, Henderson very arguably took 7 off the board for us and handed SF 7 points in a game we lost 20-7. But as I said, if not for the dropped pick six and our failures at the 1, it would have been a 21-7 game at half. For whatever reason, the bounces just aren't going our way this year.

7 minutes ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

So is Jalen playing the whole game? Read something there might be a snap count or something(which seems silly since I think we all agree the back injury wasn't real)

Big test vs Julio but I expect him to win more than lose

I think the bigger issue is potential issues with scheme/conditioning. My guess is if his conditioning is fine he'll play the majority of the snaps.