Week 7: Jags

theJ

5 hours ago, theJ said:

So are you predicting that Andy gets hurt?

I'd almost prefer that Finley never gets a shot this year.  The worst thing that could happen to the Bengals is that Finley plays, wins a few games, and the team is fooled into passing on a QB in this years draft.  He's not the answer.

I’d take Finley over anyone not named Tua in this draft. Herbert is lol worthy fools gold. Fromm is a better version of AJ McCarron. I actually do quite like Eason but not more than Finley. 

Finley has the pocket presence, intelligence, accuracy, and touch more than any QB I’ve scouted since 2013. His arm strength may be average (personally I think his arm is underrated) and you know who elses arm was average? Tom Brady his first 4-5 years in the league before living in the weight room. 

Ryan Finley is the answer. 

Shame he may have to waste that as a backup for the Bengals for four years if they draft a QB. 

1 minute ago, BayRaider said:

I’d take Finley over anyone not named Tua in this draft. Herbert is lol worthy fools gold. Fromm is a better version of AJ McCarron. I actually do quite like Eason but not more than Finley. 

Finley has the pocket presence, intelligence, accuracy, and touch more than any QB I’ve scouted since 2013. His arm strength may be average (personally I think his arm is underrated) and you know who elses arm was average? Tom Brady his first 4-5 years in the league before living in the weight room. 

Ryan Finley is the answer. 

Shame he may have to waste that as a backup for the Bengals for four years if they draft a QB. 

Yeah i don't see him getting that chance.  It's a bad situation for him.  The Bengals can't possibly waste the chance at taking a QB while they're in position to do so.

I'm not the coach or GM, obviously.  But if i was, the only way that Finley could win that job would be to take over after the bye and completely light it up, taking the Bengals out of draft position to take a QB.  

With this team, that's not going to happen.  Andy has been bad, but if he were the guy holding this team back, they'd have won a few games by now.  They're inept and/or injured top to bottom.

7 minutes ago, theJ said:

Yeah i don't see him getting that chance.  It's a bad situation for him.  The Bengals can't possibly waste the chance at taking a QB while they're in position to do so.

I'm not the coach or GM, obviously.  But if i was, the only way that Finley could win that job would be to take over after the bye and completely light it up, taking the Bengals out of draft position to take a QB.  

With this team, that's not going to happen.  Andy has been bad, but if he were the guy holding this team back, they'd have won a few games by now.  They're inept and/or injured top to bottom.

Yeah I don’t ever see the Bengals rolling with Finley. Might be a good thing for him, and I mean no disrespect by that. Bengals can’t afford the chance to skip a QB if they have a Top 2 Pick and think one is worth of #2 (I don’t think there’s a Top 10 Pick at QB after Tua actually). 

Perhaps Finley can show flashes throughout three years, and improve his arm strength, and get traded between his third and fourth year for a draft pick. I really do think he’ll be a star given the opportunity. 

57 minutes ago, theJ said:

This really bothers me. He's sitting just because the team sucks. And that's not cool. 

I can't be the only person who questions the irony of Glenn getting into an argument in the first practice since being cleared by there independent neurologist, can I?  He is absolutely trying to copy the Antonio Brown playbook to get out of town with all his money in tact.

55 minutes ago, INbengalfan said:

I can't be the only person who questions the irony of Glenn getting into an argument in the first practice since being cleared by there independent neurologist, can I?  He is absolutely trying to copy the Antonio Brown playbook to get out of town with all his money in tact.

I'd like to know more about the fine they issued. When it came, and what the justification was. 

It's fishy to be sure. 

8 hours ago, sparky151 said:

Are there more folks posting in the gameday thread or at the stadium?

They're embarrassing. There's just nothing to talk about until we know which pick they have. 

Also,

I get the LT situation has been bad, but Turner needs to go. This is the worst line performance I've ever seen. 

8 hours ago, theJ said:

They're embarrassing. There's just nothing to talk about until we know which pick they have. 

Also,

I get the LT situation has been bad, but Turner needs to go. This is the worst line performance I've ever seen. 

He should have never been hired to begin with.

14 minutes ago, SmittyBacall said:

He should have never been hired to begin with.

Taking it one step further, Taylor should have never let Pollack leave.  If he had been retained, this offense wouldn't be in this position.