Sign in to follow this  
ttitansfan4life

Week 7 GDT: Chargers(2-4) @ Titans(2-4)

1 minute ago, KingTitan said:

Because he had some memorable moments and is a great person that is easy to root for. 

Locker never had that level of success and Young was very easy to dislike because he didn't have the work ethic. 

Marcus did everything right but produce successfully. 

McNair is treated like royalty even though his play didn't match that level, if we are honest. 

He was much better than anything Young, Locker, or Mariota put on the field and no he was treated like royalty especially early on. They booed the hell out of him and wanted him benched.

Lets step outside of this franchise and just use Tannehill as an example. From all accounts he’s a great guy too. Do you think  a lot of Dolphin fans were pissed he was let go? Hell they're currently winless but I bet most of them are still glad he’s gone.

6 minutes ago, Kookie23 said:

Wonder what people would say if McNair were cut 5 years in.  OH RIGHT HE WAS CUT SHORTLY AFTER AN MVP SEASON BY THIS TEAM

He wouldn't have been "McNair" if he was gone after year 5. Shoot even year 7. Lol

Just now, KingTitan said:

He wouldn't have been "McNair" if he was gone after year 5. Shoot even year 7. Lol

I don't even blame these people for this.  We rush quarterbacks too fast these days and that's why there are like 3 actually "good" in any given year.

14 minutes ago, ttitansfan4life said:

He was much better than anything Young, Locker, or Mariota put on the field and no he was treated like royalty especially early on. They booed the hell out of him and wanted him benched.

Lets step outside of this franchise and just use Tannehill as an example. From all accounts he’s a great guy too. Do you think  a lot of Dolphin fans were pissed he was let go? Hell they're currently winless but I bet most of them are still glad he’s gone.

Like I said earlier in another post. It's something to me about winning with a home-grown guy. Someone that you personally brought along. The guys that are really hailed as Titan legends are guys that we drafted and raised. So Tanny doesn't have the same emotional tug here. Don't know how they feel about him Miami. But also they gave him 8 years. If they Would have cut him after year 5 it would have been one year removed from a 4,000 yard season. So you might have seen the emotional response too. But they gave him 8. And if we were still here with Marcus after year 8, you'd see less people being emotional about it too. 

Marcus was our guy. He showed promise. He gave glimpses of hope that the team had found a QB finally after the Locker and Young years. 

Marcus said all the right things. Did all the right things and has some play that made you feel this is it. 

They booed him yes. It wasn't until almost year 7 that fans finally said yeah I like McNair. And even then it wasn't strong because he wasn't always great. I remember those years and they weren't roses like some paint them to be. He had really 3 good years.(2001-2003) And average to almost below average to the rest. 

We had great TEAMS and he didn't mess it up. He made the plays he needed. To say he outplayed Locker and Young? Yes no doubt. But he and Marcus are more similar than people will ever admit. 

Regardless, Tanny is starting. Marcus had his chance and he failed to keep it. 

But it's not some stupid thing for people to be disappointed that he didn't work out. 

Not everyone is pleased that we have to do this whole QB song and dance again. 

7 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

Not everyone is pleased that we have to do this whole QB song and dance again. 

literally who is lmao wtf

4 minutes ago, -Hope- said:

1 hour ago, ttitansfan4life said:

No just fake people annoy me. I’m not salty at all. Mariota has finally been benched and we’ll be looking for a QB in the draft. I’m in the happiest of moods.

Maybe out of context. Who knows.

But eh. Have at it or me and my post. 

Mariota - 63% completion, 7.5 YPA, 76 TD, 44 INT, 89.6 QB rating.

Locker - 57.5% completion, 7.0 YPA, 27 TD, 22 INT, 79 QB rating.

VY - 57.9% completion, 6.9 YPA, 46 TD, 51 INT, 74.4 QB rating.

The idea of trying to lump Mariota with those two is so insanely beyond me it’s almost insulting.

11 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

Seemed pretty clear to me

7 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

I gave him every chance. It’s not like I didn’t want him to succeed. I mean it’s been 5 years and he hasn’t taken the next step. He’s actually gotten worse. Sorry I care more about the team success than the player.

17 minutes ago, -Hope- said:

Not singling you or anyone out specifically,  but I get the sense sometimes that people fetishize mock drafting so much that they don't actually care about success.

But that's just my read on things.

1 minute ago, ttitansfan4life said:

I gave him every chance. It’s not like I didn’t want him to succeed. I mean it’s been 5 years and he hasn’t taken the next step. He’s actually gotten worse. Sorry I care more about the team success than the player.

So McNair sucked, got it.

You are entitled to your opinion.

Edited by Kookie23

18 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

it’s willfully obtuse. there’s an obvious difference between being relieved that we can move on and genuinely wanting a player to fail, which literally nobody here does because we all want to see the damn team win asap 

4 minutes ago, Kookie23 said:

So McNair sucked, got it.

You are entitled to your opinion.

Yea because that’s what I said.... McNair went to a SB his 5th year. Try again

He was inconsistent as well and had injury concerns as well but that SB trip turned his career around.

1 minute ago, -Hope- said:

it’s willfully obtuse. there’s an obvious difference between being relieved that we can move on and genuinely wanting a player to fail, which literally nobody here does because we all want to see the damn team win asap 

Thank you but no I want Mariota to fail.

13 minutes ago, ttitansfan4life said:

Yea because that’s what I said.... McNair went to a SB his 5th year. Try again

He was inconsistent as well and had injury concerns as well but that SB trip turned his career around.

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/M/McNaSt00.htm

Stats not looking so good that year.

He had a good team around him and he made a herculean playoff effort.  

Sounds familiar 

Edited by Kookie23