Week 7 GDT: Chargers(2-4) @ Titans(2-4)

ttitansfan4life

Tannehill was way better than I expected today and I don't expect him to repeat it. So many throws into tight windows today.

Do we know with any certainty that the one throw was intended for Jonnu Smith? Not saying it wasn't, but he was so accurate the rest of the day it's odd he had one pass that was 6 yards off.

7 minutes ago, TitanLegend said:

Cian brings up a good point in this isn't likely to last(throwing contested passes and continually winning them). Gotta scheme people open more often.

Agreed. I don’t want the fact that Tannehill played well and the receivers made plays to overshadow Arthur Smith still being completely incompetent. An offense that relies on terrible spacing, tight throwing windows and contested catches to have any success is fundamentally broken.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, TitanSS said:

Tannehill was way better than I expected today and I don't expect him to repeat it. So many throws into tight windows today.

Do we know with any certainty that the one throw was intended for Jonnu Smith? Not saying it wasn't, but he was so accurate the rest of the day it's odd he had one pass that was 6 yards off.

Even if it wasn't why were they so close together. 

It looked for sure to me it was a throw to smith that got away from Tanny. 

But either way it's asking for disaster.  Let's one defender cover two. 

Or 

A tipped pass by Jonnu leads to an easy INT. 

1 minute ago, TitanSS said:

The defense wasn't great in the first half. 10 points on 3 drives that could have been 13 if they kick the FG.

But honestly they were good in the 2nd half, just very bad on the last two drives until the last play of the game.

Yeah 3rd quarter they gave up like 3 yards and the offense had that ball for a long time. 

Was great to see a long drive by the offense for once. 

2 minutes ago, titans0021 said:

Agreed. I don’t want the fact that Tannehill played well and the receivers made plays to overshadow Arthur Smith still being completely incompetent. An offense that relies on terrible spacing, tight throwing windows and contested catches to have any success is fundamentally broken.

Or, to put it another way:

5 minutes ago, TitanSS said:

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, titans0021 said:

It will. And I think that no matter how poorly this season could go, this is the game that saved Vrabel's job.

3 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

Even if it wasn't why were they so close together. 

It looked for sure to me it was a throw to smith that got away from Tanny. 

But either way it's asking for disaster.  Let's one defender cover two. 

Or 

A tipped pass by Jonnu leads to an easy INT. 

I agree completely with the play design, I just didn't know if there was any sort of confirmation it was intended for Jonnu Smith.

I initially thought it was too, but I think it was because the camera angle only showed him until after the throw.

Just now, titans0021 said:

Or, to put it another way:

That's why I feel the players overcame coaching. 

The score and stats can make the causal fan blind to those issues. 

Is any of this sustainable? 

Probably the best offensive performance of the year and it was still almost a loss. In ATL it wasn't as good because of the bigger plays. 

We actually had drives this game. But again can that be repeated given our players and coaches. 

1 minute ago, KingTitan said:

That's why I feel the players overcame coaching. 

The score and stats can make the causal fan blind to those issues. 

Is any of this sustainable? 

Probably the best offensive performance of the year and it was still almost a loss. In ATL it wasn't as good because of the bigger plays. 

We actually had drives this game. But again can that be repeated given our players and coaches. 

I don't think so. We relied on Tannehill playing well above expectations to score 23 points, even though we only had 3 possessions in the first half, that's not a lot.

I think some of these awesome tight window throws become INTs fairly soon. I wouldn't be surprised if we score 9 points next week.

• Like 2