Week 7 GDT: Chargers(2-4) @ Titans(2-4)

ttitansfan4life

9 minutes ago, titans0021 said:

It was not a good sneak, but the Henry push probably got him across. The spot was insane though, legit said we lost half a yard. But Vrabel not challenging it was incredible.

on one hand, i get his reasoning of it being a pretty hopeless challenge. on the other, that's one of the few situations where you challenge no matter what because the stakes are so high. maybe it's because i didn't watch it live, but that doesn't really upset me as much as some of his other decisions this year.

22 minutes ago, -Hope- said:

i missed most of the 4th quarter but.....that last QB sneak......how in the world was that not called a first down???? what?????

I thought the sneak was horrible. He kind of tried to leap. He was too upright instead of getting low and pushing. I have no idea what he was thinking b 

Bad spot too. Refs said we lost yardage which was a joke. Forward progress at least put him a few inches forward of the original spot. 

But how we fail to get that is beyond me. That sneak was just bad to me. 

4 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

Simmons owned the line of scrimmage.

Also those uniforms are Fire! This should be the forever home combo.

agreed on both points

It really was a phenomenal stop by the D, but honestly I'm not surprised we were able to stuff Gordon 2x there. We got some mean guys up front...Simmons blew that play UP. Evans is also an animal in these short-yardage situations. He diagnoses plays so damn well. Even the play he got hurt on when Gordon leaped...he was the first guy through the hole

Yesterday was a really nice win and we have a winnable one next week. I'll save my excitement until I see how we play against Carolina/KC, but that was a real nice team win. Tannehill made the difference. It was the right move to bench Mariota, who just needs a change of scenery at this point. RT has a much stronger arm and a willingness to just throw the ball...that's what we need out of our QB.

Curious to see if our WR targets continue to stay high or if it was a product of gameplan. I'm thinking RT will keep slinging them the ball, but will Art Smith just get the hell out of the way?

5 minutes ago, deeluxx3 said:

Curious to see if our WR targets continue to stay high or if it was a product of gameplan. I'm thinking RT will keep slinging them the ball, but will Art Smith just get the hell out of the way?

I’m guessing targets stay higher. RT is a more aggressive QB that seems to have faith in the receivers. But I’m sure we’ll get burned by it against good defenses due to Arthur’s complete inability to ever make things easy on the QB and WR.

• Like 3

Just now, titans0021 said:

I’m guessing targets stay higher. RT is a more aggressive QB that seems to have faith in the receivers. But I’m sure we’ll get burned by it against good defenses due to Arthur’s complete inability to ever make things easy on the QB and WR.

we won't know until we face a good secondary.

7 minutes ago, titans0021 said:

agreed. i doubt the rate at which he hit tight window throws is sustainable...being that he's ryan tannehill lol

9 minutes ago, -Hope- said:

agreed. i doubt the rate at which he hit tight window throws is sustainable...being that he's ryan tannehill lol

Pretty much. I like Tannehill and think he can be a solid starter, but relying on tight windows and heavily contested catches to have anything resembling a competent offense isn’t a reasonable plan. I’ll also admit that, in this broken offense in particular, Tannehill’s arm talent makes a huge difference.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

I think it gets lost how solid a player Hooker is.  We have a replacement for Vacarro if/when the contract doesn't match the play. 

I’m not saying bench Vacarro but he was getting torched all day yesterday I was wondering if they were ever gonna put Hooker on Henry and they never did