Week 7 GDT: Chargers(2-4) @ Titans(2-4)

ttitansfan4life

6 minutes ago, titans0021 said:

You just have to challenge there. Force them to make a bad call twice, the game is over if it’s overturned. Vrabel seems legitimately afraid of losing challenges this year.

Honestly it isn't he is afraid to challenge it is he doesn't know when he seems legitimately lost. The fact he didn't challenge that spot may have been his most questionable call as a head coach all year and there have been some doozies. That was an atrocious spot and to not even challenge evenly so atrocious.

I am beginning to question if Vrabel is the coach to lead this team as he has been mediocre to bad so far this year with his decision making.

Edited by Titan89

Honestly forgot what it looks like to see a passing game resemble it belongs in the NFL. Tannehill was making tightly contested throws and you could see his confidence in himself and the receivers is high. It can make a difference as I think Mariota's confidence is shot.

That being said Tannehill deserves to have this chance and see what he can do and first game return was impressive. This in my opinion is also the most talented group of receivers/tight ends I can remember the Titans having in a long time. Davis and Brown on the outside is strong very good players who have a lot of ability and sprinkle in Sharpe who can make nice catches. Then to have Humphries in the slot I don't get why this offense isn't three wide more often than not. Add in Smith who is coming along nicely and hopefully Walker and a lot of solid pieces on offense just need to put it altogether.

Titans should find success on offense next week again and hope it continues. Defense needs to be ready though.

11 minutes ago, titans0021 said:

You just have to challenge there. Force them to make a bad call twice, the game is over if it’s overturned. Vrabel seems legitimately afraid of losing challenges this year.

It's weird.

At one point he is gambler and going for it on 4th down in questionable situations. 
Then the other like this, he saves his challenge, I think because he wants to keep his timeouts in case they score and can give the offense time. 

Like you said, make them make the bad call. the game was in the balance. 

23 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

It's weird.

At one point he is gambler and going for it on 4th down in questionable situations. 
Then the other like this, he saves his challenge, I think because he wants to keep his timeouts in case they score and can give the offense time. 

Like you said, make them make the bad call. the game was in the balance. 

I wouldn’t even say he wanted to save his timeouts because he wasted one to stop a 10 second run off

3 minutes ago, 615finest said:

I wouldn’t even say he wanted to save his timeouts because he wasted one to stop a 10 second run off

Well that is what made feel like he was trying to conserve time for a potential offensive drive. 
At least it is the only thing that makes any sense. 

• Like 3

If we end up making a run at the playoffs, we’ll most likely be vying against Buffalo, Houston, and Indy. Really sucks we’ve already lost to two of those teams. Gonna probably need to end up at 10-6 to have a shot at it. 9-7 won’t cut it.

Just now, dtait93 said:

If we end up making a run at the playoffs, we’ll most likely be vying against Buffalo, Houston, and Indy. Really sucks we’ve already lost to two of those teams. Gonna probably need to end up at 10-6 to have a shot at it. 9-7 won’t cut it.

Keep saying it’s not crazy to think the Titans can rip off 5 in a row going into Indy but the Titans would really have to beat Indy and make it 6 in a row to run the table for the AFC South

The hard part about believing that fantasy dream of a season is we havnt won that many games in a row in a long time but did come close to end the season last year 

20 minutes ago, ttitansfan4life said:

Simmons was the 3rd highest ranked DL this week. Apparently he was ready. Hopefully he continues to improve and produce because Casey hasn’t been very good this year at all.

Hopefully Simmons keeps up the good play and can take some pressure off of Casey

Cant wait to see this defense running on all cylinders, Brown should be back next week, Wake just got back hopefully the emergence of Simmons leads to more sacks by the D-Line

23 minutes ago, ttitansfan4life said:

Simmons was the 3rd highest ranked DL this week. Apparently he was ready. Hopefully he continues to improve and produce because Casey hasn’t been very good this year at all.

If the season ended today Casey would have the 3rd highest PFF grade of his career.

I mean PFF grades are to be taken with a gigantic grain of salt, but I've not noticed anything wrong with Casey after the slow first couple weeks of the season. He's been great the last 4-5 weeks.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, TitanLegend said:

If the season ended today Casey would have the 3rd highest PFF grade of his career.

I mean PFF grades are to be taken with a gigantic grain of salt, but I've not noticed anything wrong with Casey after the slow first couple weeks of the season. He's been great the last 4-5 weeks.

Yeah, I don't get the criticism for Casey. He has been a one man line and has still played well. 

• Like 1