Week 7 GDT: Chargers(2-4) @ Titans(2-4)

ttitansfan4life

Our OL had a good game and Tannihil made all the throws so that was a great improvement over what we’ve seen but the D continues to really struggle   Rivers missed a ton of wide open receivers this game though his buddy and biggest fan Fouts blamed our rush for the missed throws but there is a reason  SD is now 2-5.....

Still maybe if our OL and Tannihill can work this well we should be more competitive.  

Just now, 615finest said:

We gave them a free 10 seconds.. Still not understanding the thought process from Vrabel on that one.. Best guess was giving our offense more time just in case they scored but still wasn’t a smart decision at all

Yeah, I assume that was the thinking. To maximize the time we would need to score. Really, the Chargers should have scored on a QB sneak.

Everyone played better today. 

The playcalls weren't exactly better but it was executed a whole lot better. 

Tanny keeps this up they gonna bring him back next year. I need to see him do it again next week before I buy a ticket on the Tanny Train. 

He was the difference today. Made throws. Offense put up points when the defense wasn't on top of it's game. 

I'm still scared to commit to him. He took some big hits today too. 

Offensive line seemed to be better in their assignments but man Kelly got owned late in the game by Bosa, but everyone does. 

Douglas wasn't a booboo storm. 

Jonnu needs the ball in his hands more. But kept away from the blocking assignments. 

4 minutes ago, 615finest said:

We gave them a free 10 seconds.. Still not understanding the thought process from Vrabel on that one.. Best guess was giving our offense more time just in case they scored but still wasn’t a smart decision at all

I think he was trying to save time for the team in case they scored. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, dtait93 said:

AJ and Corey with 15 of the 29 possible targets.

That's what you love to see.

And did you notice they had a big increase in snap counts. 

I didn't see a lot of Jennings and Sharpe led formations. 

Arthur Smith was better with formations today. 

• Like 1

Line was fine today, granted they were also facing a team with only one viable pass rusher that was missing three defensive linemen.

Tannehill was good. It wasn’t some incredible performance, but he gave our top two receivers chances to make plays, and that’s a huge part of the battle.

I still hate Arthur Smith and am turning on Vrabel.

Defense can’t collapse like that. Came up with that last play, but there was a huge amount of luck involved with that.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

Yeah that 4th quarter defense was brutal. Got out coached by having Woodyard on the RB. 

The players overcame the calls to make a big time play. 

Especially considering that was Ekeler. Pretty much a solid WR that can also play RB. I think Woodyard is actually an ok LB in coverage, but that's just inviting them to burn you, which they did. I still think D played really great football for at least 90% of the game, though.