Dolphins go back to Ryan Fitzpatrick at QB week after declaring Rosen would start rest of the season

TheKillerNacho

I assume that this is a move to tank harder. I still think Rosen is going to develop into a serviceable starter somewhere. He just can't develop behind the worst O-Line in football. Wish him the best, but Miami seems to already be set on tanking for Tua.

16 hours ago, TheKillerNacho said:

Unfortunately for you, the Jets are totally the type of team that has enough memeability to be vulnerable to FitzMagic , and he may have two shots at it. 

But nah. Not even memes can save this dolphins squad from 0-16

ye of little faith!

9 minutes ago, Thelonebillsfan said:

Rosen needs to follow Teddy and go somewhere with a veteran HC/QB combo and just sit for a year or two, he's had the football knocked out of him playing for two all time bad teams the last two years.

I imagine after seeing what the Cards and Fins have done to Rosen, even David Carr is like "wow, poor guy."

Sack, sack, sack, sack, sack...ugh.  

12 minutes ago, FinSting said:

I imagine after seeing what the Cards and Fins have done to Rosen, even David Carr is like "wow, poor guy."

Sack, sack, sack, sack, sack...ugh.  

He very well still could have been bad, but there's no way that he could have done even marginally well with either of these teams. Nobody could.

is there any chance a QB can have a good game playing for the dolphins? I ask because it seems as though they have traded away mis to fit top players from their roster. Is Rosen getting a fair opportunity to succeed with the roster the dolphins have right now?

10 minutes ago, 3rivers said:

is there any chance a QB can have a good game playing for the dolphins? I ask because it seems as though they have traded away mis to fit top players from their roster. Is Rosen getting a fair opportunity to succeed with the roster the dolphins have right now?

Tom Brady in  his prime couldn't win a game for this squad right now.

Having said that, Rosen was woeful, and Fitzpatrick has outplayed him.

This is a sign that Ross needs to can Flores and Grier, if you are tanking and your GM trades for Rosen for a 2nd rd pick it is a sign that they are clueless. To come out and say Rosen is your starting QB for the rest of the season to only bench him 30 min into the game. Follow that up  a day after that game to announce Rosen is still the starting qb for the rest of the year then bench him the following day for fitz just proves that the organization doesn't know what they want to do even though they are to be publicly tanking. Trading away a LT before the season even if its 2 first rd picks on a rookie contract and a foundation for your oline was pathetic. You can dump Minkah and bounce back from that but to lose a talented LT for your soon to be rookie QB was a bad move. Then Drake is available for trade for weeks, all of a sudden this week he is discussing a contract extension, then 24 hours later they publicly shopping him again shows the incompetence of the organization. As a Bills fan I love it but if they actually got their stuff together. Ross should be on a plane to Oklahoma to throw a bunch of money at Lincoln Riley and say run the show in Miami with your QB and the cap money you have. Flores/Grier will prevent this team from evolving in to a contender.

7 minutes ago, soflbillsfan said:

This is a sign that Ross needs to can Flores and Grier, if you are tanking and your GM trades for Rosen for a 2nd rd pick it is a sign that they are clueless. To come out and say Rosen is your starting QB for the rest of the season to only bench him 30 min into the game. Follow that up  a day after that game to announce Rosen is still the starting qb for the rest of the year then bench him the following day for fitz just proves that the organization doesn't know what they want to do even though they are to be publicly tanking. Trading away a LT before the season even if its 2 first rd picks on a rookie contract and a foundation for your oline was pathetic. You can dump Minkah and bounce back from that but to lose a talented LT for your soon to be rookie QB was a bad move. Then Drake is available for trade for weeks, all of a sudden this week he is discussing a contract extension, then 24 hours later they publicly shopping him again shows the incompetence of the organization. As a Bills fan I love it but if they actually got their stuff together. Ross should be on a plane to Oklahoma to throw a bunch of money at Lincoln Riley and say run the show in Miami with your QB and the cap money you have. Flores/Grier will prevent this team from evolving in to a contender.

The Dolphins were more than willing to keep Tunsil, but the value was way too much to say no. Very few non-QB is worth more than two firsts, let alone a LT who had been nothing more than above average so far.

44 minutes ago, TheKillerNacho said:

The Dolphins were more than willing to keep Tunsil, but the value was way too much to say no. Very few non-QB is worth more than two firsts, let alone a LT who had been nothing more than above average so far.

He is above average and was essentially a top 5 draft pick that fell because of  a marijuana picture. Your not going to see that type of talent in the mid 20s the next two drafts. Had they kept him to protect your future qb it would be one less thing to stress over as that is the 2nd most important piece on an offense. Just dont think 2 late 1st rd picks are worth it for an important piece like that especially one who is still on a rookie salary for the next 2 seasons. Olineman are hard to come by that have good talent. Imagine having a capable LG to help him out and they could be set on the blindside for the rookie Qb. Now they will go in to the offseason needing an entire oline and qb not to mention weapons. Even though you have 3 first rd picks thats not going to solve the teams woes. Dumping minkah for a potential top 10 was a good idea as that can be easier replaced then a LT.

19 minutes ago, soflbillsfan said:

He is above average and was essentially a top 5 draft pick that fell because of  a marijuana picture. Your not going to see that type of talent in the mid 20s the next two drafts. Had they kept him to protect your future qb it would be one less thing to stress over as that is the 2nd most important piece on an offense. Just dont think 2 late 1st rd picks are worth it for an important piece like that especially one who is still on a rookie salary for the next 2 seasons. Olineman are hard to come by that have good talent. Imagine having a capable LG to help him out and they could be set on the blindside for the rookie Qb. Now they will go in to the offseason needing an entire oline and qb not to mention weapons. Even though you have 3 first rd picks thats not going to solve the teams woes. Dumping minkah for a potential top 10 was a good idea as that can be easier replaced then a LT.

Not to nitpick, but Tua is almost sure to be that rookie QB you mention and he's a lefty.  The RT will be his blindside.

1 hour ago, soflbillsfan said:

Yeah but we need an interior line far worse and like I said, he wasn't really top tier and still isn't. Also he would've needed to be extended. Also not sure how you can difinatively call them mid 20 picks.. bill o Brien is a bad coach and the Texans are far from the most talented team.

I'd rather pay for some serviceable OL in free agency that would ultimately be cheaper than Tunsil will be. I'd have liked to keep him but the value was just too good. We have a lot of holes but we have a ton of draft and cap Capitol going into the next two years. It was a good move.

Also, as hrubes said, Tua is a lefty, which devalues the LT

On 10/16/2019 at 1:39 PM, BayRaider said:

Rosen is probably the dumbest QB I’ve ever seen in my life. Do you see how long he mentally takes to process information? He would need the best pass protection in NFL History. 

He was even overrated at UCLA smh. 

This is what I always say.

I'm a UCLA fan/alum and I watched every game he started.

He's insanely overrated.

Also I wouldn't totally be shocked if he's injured and the Dolphins are just hiding it. He's fairly injury prone.

Edited by Bolts223
  • Like 1