Dolphins go back to Ryan Fitzpatrick at QB week after declaring Rosen would start rest of the season

TheKillerNacho

9 hours ago, Nozizaki said:

I assume that this is a move to tank harder. I still think Rosen is going to develop into a serviceable starter somewhere. He just can't develop behind the worst O-Line in football. Wish him the best, but Miami seems to already be set on tanking for Tua.

It just doesn't make sense that they'd give up a 2nd for Rosen if they were always planning to tank for Tua anyways. That 2nd rounder could be an O-lineman or a WR they'll desperately need to give Tua help.

I hope for Tua's sake that Miami uses every one of their Day 1 & 2 picks on offensive help on both the line and in terms of weapons.

They also should use the giant amount of cap space they will have to sign FA's for help.

Edited by Bolts223
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, ChazStandard said:

No matter how much you hate him, no denying he got the Bronco's a ring by being just a bit less cruddy than Peyton in 2015.

If not for his OT win over the Pats at Mile High then the 2015 AFC Championship Game is in NE, not Denver (and the Pats would have played in 5 SBs in a row:()

Wrong thread. But I agree. 

4 hours ago, DirtyDez said:

At the end of the day it was a late 2nd for a potential franchise QB.  

For Denver, yeah.

For Houston it was $36mm and a very high 2nd round pick to get rid of that contract... That's why I hate him. 

Buuuuuut... if we didn't poop the bed with this signing, we don't trade up to get Deshaun Watson. I could see a "darkest timeline" where we don't sign Osweiler and we draft Paxton Lynch instead of Will Fuller in 2016... and then give Lynch a full five years before determining he's not the guy. For as frustrating as the Osweiler season is, for as much as it cost the Texans financially, I prefer how its played out now vs the alternative mentioned above. 

Can you imagine that? 

15 hours ago, TheKillerNacho said:

Yeah but we need an interior line far worse and like I said, he wasn't really top tier and still isn't. Also he would've needed to be extended. Also not sure how you can difinatively call them mid 20 picks.. bill o Brien is a bad coach and the Texans are far from the most talented team.

I'd rather pay for some serviceable OL in free agency that would ultimately be cheaper than Tunsil will be. I'd have liked to keep him but the value was just too good. We have a lot of holes but we have a ton of draft and cap Capitol going into the next two years. It was a good move.

Also, as hrubes said, Tua is a lefty, which devalues the LT

Who is to say you guys land Tua? GM may not even want him or the phins may not even get the 1st overall to land him. Mid 20s is because they have a capable offense to win that weak division to have a draft pick in the 20s this year unless watson goes down with an injury. Bill Obrien may be trash but the talent on that offense can carry them to winning that division. Jags dont have a qb and they just dumped their best defensive player, Indy lost luck and Brisset has done a decent job but his talents can only go so far, titans are a hot mess.

When you publicly tank and look for a rebuild the players coming in are going to have to be overpaid as you are not a contender and wont be for some time, so dont expect to be getting top tier talent at a cheaper price then what Tunsil would have offered after his contract was up, you could have had him for 3 seasons before paying him as the franchise tag. 

17 hours ago, hrubes20 said:

Not to nitpick, but Tua is almost sure to be that rookie QB you mention and he's a lefty.  The RT will be his blindside.

I just love how dolphin fans think they automatically get the 1st overall pick you still have to play the jets and bengals which could be a tough battle for you to lose. Not to mention you have grier the guy can easily pick Herbert instead of Tua, you cant just assume that your qb is going to be Tua. There are still 10 games left in the season before you can say you got the #1 pick and even then you have no idea what that GM and scouting department are going to do. Assuming is an awful thing to do when it comes to the Dolphins and Ross

1 minute ago, soflbillsfan said:

I just love how dolphin fans think they automatically get the 1st overall pick you still have to play the jets and bengals which could be a tough battle for you to lose. 

If the game is on the line, we'll throw a receiver screen behind the line of scrimmage and the receiver will drop the ball. Checks out. 

55 minutes ago, soflbillsfan said:

Who is to say you guys land Tua? GM may not even want him or the phins may not even get the 1st overall to land him. Mid 20s is because they have a capable offense to win that weak division to have a draft pick in the 20s this year unless watson goes down with an injury. Bill Obrien may be trash but the talent on that offense can carry them to winning that division. Jags dont have a qb and they just dumped their best defensive player, Indy lost luck and Brisset has done a decent job but his talents can only go so far, titans are a hot mess.

When you publicly tank and look for a rebuild the players coming in are going to have to be overpaid as you are not a contender and wont be for some time, so dont expect to be getting top tier talent at a cheaper price then what Tunsil would have offered after his contract was up, you could have had him for 3 seasons before paying him as the franchise tag. 

Lol at thinking the Dolphins won't get 1st overall. Completely loled. Thanks for that. Also the Dolphins want Tua, if you've been paying any attention. Huge amount of smoke, Dolphins scouts at every Bama game, and if that weren't enough, Gase leaked it when he was let go.

No one said anything about top tier talent. We need 5 linemen, not a single average LT. We have a ton of cap and picks to fill the holes.

And I'd be willing to bet that at least one of those picks won't be mid 20s. That division is more competitive than you seem to think.