Packers sign WR Ryan Grant, waive RB Tra Carson and use IR/Designated to return on TE Jace Sternberger

deltarich87

I"m assuming Carson goes back to PS after they kick someone off. 

Like the move to add Grant. Not the name you're looking for (and hopefully we are still talking trade for a bigger name like Sanders), but at least Grant isn't some newbie off the street. He's caught some balls before. 

12 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

I"m assuming Carson goes back to PS after they kick someone off. 

Like the move to add Grant. Not the name you're looking for (and hopefully we are still talking trade for a bigger name like Sanders), but at least Grant isn't some newbie off the street. He's caught some balls before. 

We signed Damarea Crockett to the PS today, so Carson maybe gone. Crockett is actually an athlete.

1 minute ago, incognito_man said:

Didn't think "designated to return" was a thing? For Sternberger.

Love the Grant signing

It just means we decided to bring him off IR. You don't need to designate guys when they go on IR anymore, just when they're coming back.

Grant signing has the added bonus (maybe) of giving some insight into the Raiders' offensive playbook.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

Didn't think "designated to return" was a thing? For Sternberger.

Love the Grant signing

It's so he can begin the return process. You declare them when you start that now, not when you put them on.

...I think