Packers sign WR Ryan Grant, waive RB Tra Carson and use IR/Designated to return on TE Jace Sternberger

deltarich87

2 hours ago, 15412 said:

What are you saying Norm, were there guys who literally expected Kumerow to become the next Adams?   I don't remember seeing that.  I myself expected he would make this team, and he did.  My expectations stopped there. Pretty weak group.  I have seen the guy open without the ball going his way, he hasn't been all bust being he wasn't even drafted.  He made an NFL team, that is quite an accomplishment.  Now let's see how long he stays on it.  That will tell us a bit more.  Personally I'm hoping we can bring in another WR for not only now but the future.  I have somebody in mind and that somebody I'm sure is not available.  Maybe Denver has one to give though for at least the now.   Then one of our downtrodden young WR's would have to go.

The only thing that bothered me was guys acting like he was getting open easily against starting corners all PS. Then they used his snap counts then as proof he was the #2 then you had the ten guys who kept saying "all he does is make plays." Now nobody speaks of any of that unless it's me being sarcastic.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Norm said:

The only thing that bothered me was guys acting like he was getting open easily against starting corners all PS. Then they used his snap counts then as proof he was the #2 then you had the ten guys who kept saying "all he does is make plays." Now nobody speaks of any of that unless it's me being sarcastic.

I think fact that Kumerow made the 53 says more about the state of our WR corps than it does about Kumerow.

• Like 4

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, Brit Pack said:

Just out of interest has Ryan Grant even played a game this season? Has he had any snaps? I don't recall him on the stat sheet.

If not does that mean he is useless? Or does it mean that is how hard it is to get on the same page as Aaron Rodgers?

He's been inactive every week so far .. not sure why.

2 hours ago, Brit Pack said:

Just out of interest has Ryan Grant even played a game this season? Has he had any snaps? I don't recall him on the stat sheet.

If not does that mean he is useless? Or does it mean that is how hard it is to get on the same page as Aaron Rodgers?

I assume he's on the roster for the same reason Veldheer is now. If a WR goes down they'd rather play him than pull a guy from the PS. You'll never see either of we maintain health.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, {Family Ghost} said:

I want to see Veldheer used as an extra lineman in the run game.

IIRC he actually excelled at pass-pro. Do get your sentiment however and yes, it'd be nice to have an extra Guard in on certain running plays.