Trade deadline

Lionized

The way I see it, we have three big questions assuming the value proposition makes sense:

1.  Can we improve our sack totals and pass-rush?

2.  Can we improve our red-zone offense?

3.  Can we in improve our pass protection?

Here is a pretty good read.  

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/nfl-trade-deadline-19-names-to-keep-an-eye-on-as-2019-cutoff-for-deals-nears/ar-AAIVErU?li=BBnb7Kz&ocid=SK216DHP

I like Yannick Ngakoue.  I also like Leonard Williams but that might be too big of a signing.  We could be in the running for Brandon Schreiff or Jake Conklin (some health issues). We should be focused on a younger player if possible.  It could get interesting. 

Edited by Just Want A Title
Spelling correction

48 minutes ago, Just Want A Title said:

The way I see it, we have three big questions assuming the value proposition makes sense:

1.  Can we improve our sack totals and pass-rush?

2.  Can we improve our red-zone offense?

3.  Can we in improve our pass protection?

Here is a pretty good read.  

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/nfl-trade-deadline-19-names-to-keep-an-eye-on-as-2019-cutoff-for-deals-nears/ar-AAIVErU?li=BBnb7Kz&ocid=SK216DHP

I like Yannick Ngakoue.  I also like Leonard Williams but that might be too big of a signing.  We could be in the running for Brandon Schreiff or Jake Conklin (some health issues). We should be focused on a younger player if possible.  It could get interesting. 

I like a lot of people from that list.  Leonard Williams, Suh, Scherff, Trent Williams, Ngakoue, Peterson, Dupree, Conklin, Barrett, Beasley, Bennett.  I would like to keep with mid round pick theme so spending a mid/late pick for a couple of these guys would be sweet IMO.  Something like Suh and Barrett for a 3rd and 6th or something along those lines since they will be losing them anyways this year.

I don’t see them making much of a move. 
There are a number of positions that an upgrade would significantly help but I don’t see Quinn making a big move. The exception might be if they can grab a top notch LB but who?

It will be interesting. I expect a small move to shore up the secondary but not much else.

1 hour ago, diehardlionfan said:

I don’t see them making much of a move. 
There are a number of positions that an upgrade would significantly help but I don’t see Quinn making a big move. The exception might be if they can grab a top notch LB but who?

It will be interesting. I expect a small move to shore up the secondary but not much else.

I was actually surprised to see Derrick Henry's name in the mix for the Lions. The team likes Kerryon and the guy they bring in (if they did) would be a complimentary guy. Even if they made a trade for AP, he's not a candidate to replace KJ. A move for a guy like Henry could be viewed as such.

1 hour ago, Karnage84 said:

I was actually surprised to see Derrick Henry's name in the mix for the Lions. The team likes Kerryon and the guy they bring in (if they did) would be a complimentary guy. Even if they made a trade for AP, he's not a candidate to replace KJ. A move for a guy like Henry could be viewed as such.

Could we go as bold as to say Marshawn Lynch 2.0?

14 hours ago, Lionized said:

Could we go as bold as to say Marshawn Lynch 2.0?

It would be an interesting move. Is Kerryon the issue or is it the blocking? I've seen figures in graphics (can't find them at the moment) which seemed to suggest that the RB's aren't the issue. If that's the case, adding Henry doesn't change a ton. When we added Blount, it was because he had exhibited an ability to ground out tough yards and push a pile. We were getting jammed at the line and unable to just put our heads down and get a 1st down. It didn't work out as planned but there was a clear issue identified and an action taken to rectify it.

27 minutes ago, flyguy1609 said:

I want us to make a move even if its a small move. it would be cool to see Suh back in a lions uniform

It actually wouldn't be a terrible move to trade the Bucs for Suh. I just wonder if he'd want to come back here or if there's some bad blood.

41 minutes ago, Karnage84 said:

It actually wouldn't be a terrible move to trade the Bucs for Suh. I just wonder if he'd want to come back here or if there's some bad blood.

Hopefully any bad blood would be with the old regime.  I think he would fit perfectly in this D and could revitalize his career. 

Just now, Sllim Pickens said:

Hopefully any bad blood would be with the old regime.  I think he would fit perfectly in this D and could revitalize his career. 

I would hope so as well. It just seems that the Lions have trouble with maintaining a positive relationship with some of the better players of the past. Barry and Calvin are two examples of this. It feels like it could be organizational as opposed to specific regimes.

A Suh trade has a 'Snacks Harrison' type of feel to me. It shouldn't be very costly and he should be an instant impact kind of guy.

8 hours ago, Karnage84 said:

It would be an interesting move. Is Kerryon the issue or is it the blocking? I've seen figures in graphics (can't find them at the moment) which seemed to suggest that the RB's aren't the issue. If that's the case, adding Henry doesn't change a ton. When we added Blount, it was because he had exhibited an ability to ground out tough yards and push a pile. We were getting jammed at the line and unable to just put our heads down and get a 1st down. It didn't work out as planned but there was a clear issue identified and an action taken to rectify it.

Blocking is definitely an issue.  RIck Wagner isn't cutting it at all at RT.   I could see us making a move on a RT if the right player was available at the right price. 

14 minutes ago, BZski said:

Our DL has been a major disappointment! Snacks looks terrible, Daniels looks like a bust signing, Flowers looks overpaid, we get ZERO pressure or pass rush. I am all for getting a pass rusher even if it's a situational guy.

I think part of it has been the schemes they have been using.  IT always looks like a prevent defense.  I think Patricia and Pasqualoni are over-thinking things.  Its good to have assignment-sound players but we need to start getting more QB hits and more QB sacks.