Trade deadline

Lionized

3 minutes ago, nagahide13 said:

I was reading something the other day that said that the Lions basically don't have any sell candidates. Davis was mentioned as the best possible candidate, but it was reiterated that we don't have anyone worthy of trading away. I agree.

I like the idea of Freeman for a mid or even Drake for a late pick. I'll pass on Penny entirely.

I don't see Drake as a solution although he'd be a better fill in guy than relying on Ty or McKissic as a primary ball-carrier while KJ is out. If they can get him for a 6th, maybe it's the move that makes sense. I expect Freeman would cost us a 4th and anything less than that would be a bargain.

I think we've misused Davis and he'd be a better player if used properly. Some team is going to get him on the cheap if that's the case and he'll become KVY 2.0.

The only way that Quinn and Patricia are gone is if we have an epic meltdown and go 4-11-1 or 5-10-1 (or worse).

6 minutes ago, Karnage84 said:

What about a trade for Le'Veon Bell? The Jets are a mess. Bell's talent is getting wasted there. It would be the type of move to help excite the fanbase.

was just thinking that. the jets may force a team to take on Trumaine Johnson's contract if they move bell.  what do you think it would costs?

2 minutes ago, flyguy1609 said:

was just thinking that. the jets may force a team to take on Trumaine Johnson's contract if they move bell.  what do you think it would costs?

Sanu went for a 2nd; Sanders went for a 3rd and 4th (minus a 5th). I think they'd lose compensation if someone had to take TJ's contract on as well. It looks like cutting Johnson would leave about $12M in dead cap next year.

I'm thinking it'd be closer to the Sanders deal. It's a tough deal for the Jets. Darnold looked good before the mono. Unfortunately, they seem to be a team that needs to hit reset again.

13 minutes ago, flyguy1609 said:

why do I have a strange feeling were going make a bone head(2nd rd pick) for Melvin Gordon type of trade

I have a feeling it's going to be more of a 5th for Kenyan Drake but that he's going to be just another guy and the run game will still struggle.

A non-flashy trade option (since skill guys tend to be the flash guys) would be a trade for Brandon Scherff, OG, Washington. He came into the league as a tackle but has been a top level guard since day 1. Guards are always undervalued so maybe we could get him for a 3rd or 4th. He'd be a considerable upgrade over either Wiggins or Dahl. We'd have top 10 PFF rated guys (for what its worth) at LG, OC, RG. That would have to help the tackles with their play.

Ja'Wuan James could be an option from the Broncos if they're in fire sale mode.

30 minutes ago, MortexLion said:

With us resigning Paul Perkins I do think they are moving to get either a pass rusher on the edge or LT or RT

You could be right. They also have been churning that 4th RB spot/PS quite often throughout the season. Perkins might still fit on the roster even if we do bring someone else in. Don't they have an extra roster spot right now?

9 hours ago, Karnage84 said:

A non-flashy trade option (since skill guys tend to be the flash guys) would be a trade for Brandon Scherff, OG, Washington. He came into the league as a tackle but has been a top level guard since day 1. Guards are always undervalued so maybe we could get him for a 3rd or 4th. He'd be a considerable upgrade over either Wiggins or Dahl. We'd have top 10 PFF rated guys (for what its worth) at LG, OC, RG. That would have to help the tackles with their play.

Ja'Wuan James could be an option from the Broncos if they're in fire sale mode.

Juwaun James would be a great addtion to our team.  He is the #10 RT on PFF and has allowed zero sacks with no penalties.

https://www.pff.com/nfl/players/jawuan-james/8654

14 hours ago, Just Want A Title said:

Juwaun James would be a great addtion to our team.  He is the #10 RT on PFF and has allowed zero sacks with no penalties.

https://www.pff.com/nfl/players/jawuan-james/8654

I'd also throw out a 2021 5th or 6th to the Patriots for Josh Gordon. There is minimal cost involved and he's a guy that could offer some potential. The Patriots are on yet another run and Gordon isn't a guy that they were going to count on for an immediate contribution. He could offer up something more for us. Lastly, the Patriots are actually -$800,000+ in cap space. They have to get rid of some salary just to get back to $0.