Trade deadline

Lionized

12 hours ago, Just Want A Title said:

I think part of it has been the schemes they have been using.  IT always looks like a prevent defense.  I think Patricia and Pasqualoni are over-thinking things.  Its good to have assignment-sound players but we need to start getting more QB hits and more QB sacks.  

Our defense has absolutely worked magic since the Arizona blunder.

I dont think you can critique the pass rush and overall scheme at the same time.

Some individuals on the dline have disappointed but our scheme has made up for it, especially when you constantly the injuries.

14 hours ago, detroitroar said:

Our defense has absolutely worked magic since the Arizona blunder.

I dont think you can critique the pass rush and overall scheme at the same time.

Some individuals on the dline have disappointed but our scheme has made up for it, especially when you constantly the injuries.

They need to switch it up. It is stupid to give Mahomes and Rodgers ALL DAY to thrown the ball! We need a fireball off the edge! Maybe MP could turn Vic Beasley around and find him a role in his D for that spot?

I mean the trade window is prolly closed now. I don't know why we would give up anything at this point. Not really in the running for anything,(IMO), even though we're technically not out. Trading for someone is prolly just false hope at this point for the fans to latch on for a week or two before reality sets in. 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, SimbaWho said:

I mean the trade window is prolly closed now. I don't know why we would give up anything at this point. Not really in the running for anything,(IMO), even though we're technically not out. Trading for someone is prolly just false hope at this point for the fans to latch on for a week or two before reality sets in. 

We could have gone from potential buyers to sellers in a day! Who can we unload and for what?

This is a team that feels like it's about 2-3 parts away from being a proper contender.

OL - we can't run the ball. Stafford has been getting pretty good protection but an upgrade somewhere here, maybe even at two spots should make the difference

LB - This has been a glaring issue over the last few weeks and should be a point of emphasis

DL - We've had a ton of injuries but nobody cares about that in this league. We need someone that is going to either stuff the run or get to the passer. Hopefully both. We've missed key guys and there has been regression from guys like Snacks

RB - Whether it's the OL or not, the run game boils down to the guy getting the rock making some plays. KJ hasn't had the impact we were hoping for. McKissic has actually been the most reliable guy but he's playing more of a Riddick-esque role. With all of the churning of the RB's from the waiver wire, it's clear that they aren't satisfied with the mix of guys in the pipeline

On a positive note, Marvin Hall has been a nice find for Quinn

28 minutes ago, Just Want A Title said:

I really like Yannick Ngakoue and think they should make a play for him.  I think he would be an absolute beast in our defense and provide some much needed pass-rushing skills.

With the way that Minshew has been playing, I wonder if the Jaguars would even be willing to let him go. What about Geno Atkins as a potential addition? He is long in the tooth but still is performing well and shouldn't be overly expensive due to age and cap hit.

10 minutes ago, flyguy1609 said:

I also saw a report Rashaad Penny maybe available on the cheap (heard 4th rd pick) I know Quinn called seattle  after they drafted him. maybe worth a shot esp knowing kerryon is banged up

I'd be interested in seeing if Royce Freeman is available from Denver. I liked him a lot coming out of Oregon. Lindsay came from out of nowhere to be a productive back. Both guys are rated quite highly. I feel like the Lions will want to be more of a RBBC anyway, so it doesn't hurt to add a guy for a later round pick that can offer up something the other guys don't.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, flyguy1609 said:

I also saw a report Rashaad Penny maybe available on the cheap (heard 4th rd pick) I know Quinn called seattle  after they drafted him. maybe worth a shot esp knowing kerryon is banged up

2 hours ago, Karnage84 said:

I'd be interested in seeing if Royce Freeman is available from Denver. I liked him a lot coming out of Oregon. Lindsay came from out of nowhere to be a productive back. Both guys are rated quite highly. I feel like the Lions will want to be more of a RBBC anyway, so it doesn't hurt to add a guy for a later round pick that can offer up something the other guys don't.

Just for comparisons sake:

Freeman - 6'0, 238 lbs, 4.54 40

PFF Rating - 70.4 - Upgrade over KJ by a decent margin; Somewhat better in the running game; major upgrade in the passing game and slight upgrade in Pass Blocking

Penny - 5'11, 220 lbs, 4.46 40

PFF Rating - 70.0 - Upgrade over KJ; downgrade in the run game vs KJ and Freeman; nearly double digit difference over Freeman in this dept and 2x that over KJ; Best pass blocking grade i the group

We're looking for a guy to run the ball that can also contribute in the passing game as a blocker and receiver. Freeman feels like the best guy to be a difference maker for us out of the two. McKissic has done a great job at receiving the ball and rushing on trick plays. We have speed in Ty Johnson. We don't have a guy with size and speed that isn't a total downgrade in the receiving game either.

Just for the record, now that I have PFF I'll try to put some stuff up at times but I also don't want to get my account cancelled in case they monitor things to protect their work.

• Like 3

On 10/20/2019 at 7:03 PM, Nnivolcm said:

We could have gone from potential buyers to sellers in a day! Who can we unload and for what?

I'm not sure the Gm is qualified to be a seller if Lions are already thinking that route. His job should be in jeopardy. 

I guess I'd like to see LB Jarrad Davis for RB Kenyan Drake

Edited by SimbaWho
  • Like 1

I was reading something the other day that said that the Lions basically don't have any sell candidates. Davis was mentioned as the best possible candidate, but it was reiterated that we don't have anyone worthy of trading away. I agree.

I like the idea of Freeman for a mid or even Drake for a late pick. I'll pass on Penny entirely.