Trade deadline

Lionized

41 minutes ago, Millenhater said:

I think we should swing a trade for Brandon Scherff. Just make him the highest paid OG.  I think that will do more for our run game than any RB.

But maybe swing a trade for Penny while we are at it. 

I've been working for most of the Lions games this year ( and my blood pressure is way down because of it!) but has it been the guards or the tackles that have been the problem?

9 minutes ago, Nnivolcm said:

I've been working for most of the Lions games this year ( and my blood pressure is way down because of it!) but has it been the guards or the tackles that have been the problem?

I personally think both outside of GG. Decker and Wagner are very average OTs! Decker IMO is super overrated by some Lions fans and i think he is best as a RT.

8 minutes ago, MortexLion said:

Wonder if we get a rental in Gorden

I'd be more inclined to trade for Scherff (if he's available) and someone like Penny or Royce Freeman, assuming a lower end cost. It still doesn't address our pass-rush or lack of, but it would address at least one of our key issues - offensive line play impacting the run game.

The Bills have also been linked to Gordon and they seem to be a playoff team. He'd be far more impactful with them than with us.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Lionized said:

Looks more and more like Slay is going to the Eagles. 

This is actually what I would consider to be acceptable

2020 1st

2020 3rd

2021 5th

OL Vaitai > Currently the backup RG/RT. Highly rated on PFF with an expiring contract. 26 years old

RB Howard

Edited by Karnage84
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, Millenhater said:

If they offer a1, 2 and like a 5 and a player would you do it?

Yes I would do this trade. I don’t want to see him go, but between the Quandre Diggs trade, his hold out this year, and no contract extension. I think we get the most value for him now. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Sllim Pickens said:

I still want to make a move with TB.  Suh has been a bust there but would be perfect in this D.  Shaq Barrett would be a perfect pass rushing OLB.  If they want to throw in Peyton Barber or Ronald Jones that works too. 

I'd look at that Eagles trade and then using some of that capital to make a move for Suh and/or Barrett. Barrett would have more longevity as a building block.

• Like 1