Trade Deadline Discussion

WindyCity

2 hours ago, big_palooka said:

Floyd isn't returning a 3rd round compensatory pick. More likely a 4th - 6th. He will not be signing a huge contract given his limited production IMO.

He is under contract next year for $13M as the team exercised his 5th year option.  It is anyone's guess if he will be signing a big contract or not but he still has 25 games remaining as a Bear to prove his value for his next contract.  

15 minutes ago, topwop1 said:

He is under contract next year for $13M as the team exercised his 5th year option.  It is anyone's guess if he will be signing a big contract or not but he still has 25 games remaining as a Bear to prove his value for his next contract.  

My mistake. I thought he was a FA this offseason. I'm a UGA guy and really thought he'd excel

1 hour ago, malagabears said:

Well, less than 9 hours before the TDL comes & goes. I have a sneaky suspicion Pace is gonna stand pat.

I wouldn’t be surprised if they traded a late round pick for Beathard.  Ben Albright tweeted something yesterday making it seem like Gabriel wasn’t on the table, but that there have been discussions.

Gabriel-Wims/Ridley

Prince-Tolliver

HaHa-Bush

All of those guys should be on there way out of town for whatever we can get and young guys should get reps preparing them for next season.

Won't happen because the GM has been exposed by his monumental failure at QB.

4 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

My mistake. I thought he was a FA this offseason. I'm a UGA guy and really thought he'd excel

Well it's not as if he's been a bad player for us.  The sack numbers are not as high as most of us would like but he has been very stout against the run and is still able to generate moderate pressure in the pass game.  I think it would be a mistake for this team to trade him with no viable option behind him right now.

13 minutes ago, WindyCity said:

Beatherd would be a loser move.

Making a move so people can say they were actively trying to fix the issue.

I'd rather Nick Mullens but if they could get Beathard for no more a 7th round pick I wouldn't hate the move.  It would at least signify to Mitch that the team is already looking into other options and put pressure on him.  I'd still expect them to bring in another QB in the offseason.

7 minutes ago, topwop1 said:

I'd rather Nick Mullens but if they could get Beathard for no more a 7th round pick I wouldn't hate the move.  It would at least signify to Mitch that the team is already looking into other options and put pressure on him.  I'd still expect them to bring in another QB in the offseason.

He has already crumpled under the pressure.

Beathard is not a viable starting option. A far better coach than Nagy could not make him into anything.

• Like 1

I like the idea of bringing QBs through in order to get rid of Daniel and his relatively high dollars and relatively low upside, so long as it's done at good value. Who knows, maybe we'll get lucky and someone sticks.

Looking it up I was stunned to see Beathard had started 13 games for the 49ers.   Apparently he's a popular locker room guy, and has had a good game.  Didn't seem like anything special before the draft.  Kind of an anti-Rosen actually.  Bring them both in for piles of future 7ths or something. 

Just realized that in my head, I'm writing off the Bears near future as a team of any significance.  If we had good QB play it would be different, but we had a short window, and are several games out of playoff talk, and the offense currently has deficiencies at several positions.  Unless Mitch turns it all around or we get lucky bringing someone in next year, this era will be remembered as just another iteration of "remember that great defense?"  Not sure we should care about draft capital since they're probably going nowhere.

1 minute ago, RunningVaccs said:

Just realized that in my head, I'm writing off the Bears near future as a team of any significance.  If we had good QB play it would be different, but we had a short window, and are several games out of playoff talk, and the offense currently has deficiencies at several positions.  Unless Mitch turns it all around or we get lucky bringing someone in next year, this era will be remembered as just another iteration of "remember that great defense?"  Not sure we should care about draft capital since they're probably going nowhere.

That is because missing on Mitch is a massive miss. It effects the present and the future.

The Bears hope is not going to be pin to Nick Foles coming off IR.

5 minutes ago, RunningVaccs said:

I like the idea of bringing QBs through in order to get rid of Daniel and his relatively high dollars and relatively low upside, so long as it's done at good value. Who knows, maybe we'll get lucky and someone sticks.

Looking it up I was stunned to see Beathard had started 13 games for the 49ers.   Apparently he's a popular locker room guy, and has had a good game.  Didn't seem like anything special before the draft.  Kind of an anti-Rosen actually.  Bring them both in for piles of future 7ths or something. 

I'm not saying Rosen is any good but watching a bit of that Dolphins game last night I am really puzzled as to why they are continuing to play Fitzpatrick instead of giving Rosen some valuable game reps.  I mean at this point he is not really gaining anything by watching Fitzpatrick suck on the field and the team is going no where this season so why not throw him in there and see if he can give them a spark or some hope for the future?

Dolphins will likely be pickng #1 so they will have their pick of the QB litter and should figure out whether or not Rosen is their future before investing in a 1st round QB.