Trade Deadline Discussion

WindyCity

59 minutes ago, abstract_thought said:

I'm not sure Montgomery is a game-changer, but it's difficult to evaluate him given the failures of the passing game and offensive line.

He's not a game changer.  He never will be.

You have to be an explosive player for that and he is too slow.  (Why I favored other faster backs later in draft and hoped we would take a TE with our first pick).  He is a solid all around back.  Better than I thought he would be, I underestimated him.  But, he's still just a cog in the machine.

He requires good blocking to succeed.   Almost every back does except the really special ones.  

1 hour ago, abstract_thought said:

I'm not sure Montgomery is a game-changer, but it's difficult to evaluate him given the failures of the passing game and offensive line.

What we know so far is that he's a scrappy runner that fights for every yard and doesn't going down too easily.  He's also a pretty good pass catcher.  

I never though he was a game breaker tho.  Just a good multi dimensional back.

• Like 1

Just now, beardown3231 said:

Just what the Bears need, another bad QB.

Seriously though, what are you going to do QB wise. You don't have a number 1 in 2020 and the free agency market doesn't seem like the answer. You can't roll with Trubisky too much longer. The defense is still outstanding but it has to get frustrating to them when the offense you are rolling out there. 

What do Bears fans see as the answer at QB?

6 minutes ago, Golfman said:

Seriously though, what are you going to do QB wise. You don't have a number 1 in 2020 and the free agency market doesn't seem like the answer. You can't roll with Trubisky too much longer. The defense is still outstanding but it has to get frustrating to them when the offense you are rolling out there. 

What do Bears fans see as the answer at QB?

I'm not sure but replacing the 30th best QB in football with the 29th isn't it. Sign Bridgewater? Trade for Newton or Allen? Give Rosen a flyer? It isn't Mariota, or at least it shouldn't be.