Sign in to follow this  
WindyCity

Trade Deadline Discussion

59 minutes ago, abstract_thought said:

I'm not sure Montgomery is a game-changer, but it's difficult to evaluate him given the failures of the passing game and offensive line.

He's not a game changer.  He never will be.

You have to be an explosive player for that and he is too slow.  (Why I favored other faster backs later in draft and hoped we would take a TE with our first pick).  He is a solid all around back.  Better than I thought he would be, I underestimated him.  But, he's still just a cog in the machine.

He requires good blocking to succeed.   Almost every back does except the really special ones.  

1 hour ago, abstract_thought said:

I'm not sure Montgomery is a game-changer, but it's difficult to evaluate him given the failures of the passing game and offensive line.

What we know so far is that he's a scrappy runner that fights for every yard and doesn't going down too easily.  He's also a pretty good pass catcher.  

I never though he was a game breaker tho.  Just a good multi dimensional back.

2 hours ago, beardown3231 said:

If they offer you guys a third to take him off their hands, you should take it. 

Just now, Forge said:

I obviously agree. 

1 hour ago, Forge said:

If they throw in Jones they can keep the 3rd. 

We're nice like that. 

Lol they need all the draft picks they can get. A trade isn’t going to get them anywhere. 

Heard Marcus Mariota might be had from Tennessee. You guys should look into that. 

2 minutes ago, Golfman said:

Heard Marcus Mariota might be had from Tennessee. You guys should look into that. 

Just what the Bears need, another bad QB.

Just now, beardown3231 said:

Seriously though, what are you going to do QB wise. You don't have a number 1 in 2020 and the free agency market doesn't seem like the answer. You can't roll with Trubisky too much longer. The defense is still outstanding but it has to get frustrating to them when the offense you are rolling out there. 

What do Bears fans see as the answer at QB?

6 minutes ago, Golfman said:

Seriously though, what are you going to do QB wise. You don't have a number 1 in 2020 and the free agency market doesn't seem like the answer. You can't roll with Trubisky too much longer. The defense is still outstanding but it has to get frustrating to them when the offense you are rolling out there. 

What do Bears fans see as the answer at QB?

I'm not sure but replacing the 30th best QB in football with the 29th isn't it. Sign Bridgewater? Trade for Newton or Allen? Give Rosen a flyer? It isn't Mariota, or at least it shouldn't be.

10 minutes ago, beardown3231 said:

He actually isn't bad. Just injury prone.