RaidersAreOne

Raiders extend TE Darren Waller

And the ravens just let him walk....I mean we have andrews but still.

26 minutes ago, SwoleXmad said:

But they invested the draft assets... like they weren’t gonna do that AND keep him.

Well that was a quick pay day! Good for him 6 weeks into the season.

I think Mayock jumped the gun here but I will wait until the numbers come out.  If he gets more than $7 million a year with big guarantees it is to big of a risk.  You are mixing Garoppolo risk with a little Martavis Bryant risk.  I would like to see $4-5 million a year with plenty of incentives the could reach $8-10 per year and only the first 2 years guaranteed.

Edited by drfrey13

39 minutes ago, drfrey13 said:

I think Mayock jumped the gun here but I will wait until the numbers come out.  If he gets more than $7 million a year with big guarantees it is to big of a risk.  You are mixing Garoppolo risk with a little Martavis Bryant risk.  I would like to see $4-5 million a year with plenty of incentives the could reach $8-10 per year and only the first 2 years guaranteed.

If it is this early, its likely team friendly

7 minutes ago, Kiwibrown said:

If it is this early, its likely team friendly

Also gives the players more security. I remember him from Hard Knocks, glad he's putting it all together and getting rewarded. 

Given how important the TE position seems to be in Grudens Offense makes perfect sense that MM wants him locked up before another Jared Cook type of FA occurs.

Especially if Waller continues at this current pace. His contract numbers only go up!

Edited by Nabbs4u

4 hours ago, SwoleXmad said:

I think this is a scenario where had he stayed with the Ravens, he may never have sorted his issues that clearly need addressing.

I am glad he's got his life back on track and his family is now secured. I wish it was for another team besides the Raiders, obviously xD

So Tom Pelissero is reporting 3yrs at 9M per? Dayum! Curious how much is guaranteed since that's the only real number that matters?

Edited by Nabbs4u

5 hours ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

But they invested the draft assets... like they weren’t gonna do that AND keep him.

especially since how free agency works with guys getting crazy paid, not sure if he got that though

risky investment although he looked very good so far.

He's been a fantastic waiver claim for me after drafting two busts at te this season In Howard and Graham. Seems to be Carr's security blanket. Good for him.