First Time All-Star Predictions

the lone star

6 minutes ago, champ11 said:

Jamal has just improved defensively, as a playmaker, and consistency wise. And if you look at his career arc he typically starts slow and improves throughout the year so it’s promising that he has started essentially where he was at last year. Obviously the jump he has to make is as a volume three point shooter and drawing free throws. He’s not there yet and needs to be for the nugs to get to the next level. I think it’s clear that he’s not a special talent like Ja or Trae etc and going to make a leap to stardom out of nowhere and that kinda sucks but he could have a Dame like ceiling (he’s the age Dame was his rookie year) and I’m encouraged that he has shown consistent improvement and the intangibles are there. He’s had the weight of being a PG of a good team before being developed the last three years and I think that’s stunted his growth a bit. Don’t get to play with freedom and make mistakes as much as some of these other guys. 

Gary’s offense is a concern after the injury. Just hasn’t gotten back to his previous level. Hoping he turns a corner. 

Jokic is fine. He’s been meh but he’s shown that he will be his best when it matters the last two years. He’ll get there. He’s a top 5ish player at his best but he’s just a different dude. Buy all the Jokic stock. 

Main issue has truthfully been the bench, which is surprising. The starters have been killin people even with slow starts from Jokic and Harris

I mean Lillard is a top level player and an All NBA performer, so if Murray gets to that level, than he pretty much is close to being a special talent. 

Harris has been very disappointing and sure Jokic has shown us what he CAN do, but for him to take this type of step back is terrible. If you want this team to be the next Warriors, then that can't happen. Steph got better and better, he didn't regress like this. And if it is that Jokic is just out of shape or taking it easy in the regular season, than that's even more garbage since he doesn't have that type of cachet yet. What exactly has he proven, especially in the playoffs to take this big of a step backwards?

All in all, still early and the team is a top 4 seed so not the end of the world. But I've seen nothing thus far that shows me they will be able to the beat the likes of the Lakers/Clippers/Rockets in the playoffs. 

3 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

I mean Lillard is a top level player and an All NBA performer, so if Murray gets to that level, than he pretty much is close to being a special talent. 

Harris has been very disappointing and sure Jokic has shown us what he CAN do, but for him to take this type of step back is terrible. If you want this team to be the next Warriors, then that can't happen. Steph got better and better, he didn't regress like this. And if it is that Jokic is just out of shape or taking it easy in the regular season, than that's even more garbage since he doesn't have that type of cachet yet. What exactly has he proven, especially in the playoffs to take this big of a step backwards?

All in all, still early and the team is a top 4 seed so not the end of the world. But I've seen nothing thus far that shows me they will be able to the beat the likes of the Lakers/Clippers/Rockets in the playoffs. 

I mean yeah my whole original point is we aren’t true contenders lol we have one star. You need two to compete for a championship. 

Jokic is in shape. I think playing for Serbia over the summer hurt him, he didn’t get time to chill/work on his game. He’s fine bro. I’m telling you. He’s special because he’s different. Jokic has proven that he’s an elite player for about 4 years now and he just had the second best playoff debut for a big in NBA history. If you want to get upset about a 20 game sample to start the year, when he always starts slow, that’s fine and he can be criticized but I’m telling you to not worry about him or his ceiling 

4 minutes ago, champ11 said:

I mean yeah my whole original point is we aren’t true contenders lol we have one star. You need two to compete for a championship. 

Jokic is in shape. I think playing for Serbia over the summer hurt him, he didn’t get time to chill/work on his game. He’s fine bro. I’m telling you. He’s special because he’s different. Jokic has proven that he’s an elite player for about 4 years now and he just had the second best playoff debut for a big in NBA history. If you want to get upset about a 20 game sample to start the year, when he always starts slow, that’s fine and he can be criticized but I’m telling you to not worry about him or his ceiling 

Okay okay, I won't worry about his slow start of his ceiling any longer!!!!1

2 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Okay okay, I won't worry about his slow start of his ceiling any longer!!!!1

I think it’s fair to criticize him anecdotally and in the moment but big picture he is 24 and has some odd personality traits for a star that he has to work through and essentially he has some maturity issues. He’s still growing and his play style is different to begin with. He’s a hard player to understand if you don’t follow him closely