New look NFL for year 101 (QBs) 2020

DjRay1985

1 minute ago, SBLIII said:

If he could sustain a very good defense I agree but I doubt he can. But who knows maybe he can with less resources being put into the QB position and sign more quality players on defense.

Who are you anticipating to lose on defense soon? You've got a really good defense right now...no reason to believe that Bill couldn't Dilfer his way to another championship post-Brady.

Just now, sammymvpknight said:

Who are you anticipating to lose on defense soon? You've got a really good defense right now...no reason to believe that Bill couldn't Dilfer his way to another championship post-Brady.

Van Noy, Collins, Shelton, McCourty, Butler will enter FA, J. McCourty and Chung are old. Belichick will definitely need to retool his defense in the near future. If he can put more resources in the defense I think it's possible and he has done it before but I wouldn't say I expect him to sustain an elite defense. If he rebuilds the defense for 1-2 years, I think he could get back to it by 2021 or so in the final 2-3 years of his career though.

AFC east could get really interesting during the early part of the next decade. Jets might have a elite QB in Darnold, what will Miami look like after the rebuild and I think the Bills could still be a elite defensive team led by McDermott and NE will still have the GOAT HC, so they won't go away easy

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, August4th said:

AFC east could get really interesting during the early part of the next decade. Jets might have a elite QB in Darnold, what will Miami look like after the rebuild and I think the Bills could still be a elite defensive team led by McDermott and NE will still have the GOAT HC, so they won't go away easy

AFCE could very well develop into the NFCE where you will see a different winner each year. If Miami rebuilds the right way, they will be there in 2-3 years, NYJ looks promising in the long haul and BUF has a young defense that's not going anywhere.

The times of the AFC East being a joke will end.

Edited by SBLIII
  • Like 1