Thoughts on Ramsey trade?  

76 members have voted

1. 1. Thoughts on Ramsey trade?

• Both teams benefit on net
    • Both teams are hurt on net
    • Jaguars benefit Rams are hurt
    • Rams benefit Jaguars are hurt

3 hours ago, Blackstar12 said:

Jags will definitely benefit from this trade in the long run. Rams still have many holes on that D and are the third best team in that division lol.

I doubt they’ll find an elite player after picks 20. But that’s just me. If you’re better off trading a HOF player then I guess we aren’t valuing them as we should. 

• Like 1

The only way Rams lose from this deal is if Ramsey doesn't turn up for us. The only way Jags lose from this deal is if they draft badly. If neither happens then I'd imagine both will be happy at the end of it. 

Edited by DerbyRam
  • Like 3

I just don't get it really. Yes they are stronger today than they were on Monday, but was this team a Jalen Ramsey away from winning the SB? If not, then they are in cap and/or roster hell for a few years? I'd prefer to get talent on that OL to let Goff tear it up again - THAT's what they do when they're elite

• Like 2

Ramsey is obviously a great player but I don't know that any other GM in the league would have given straight up 2 1st round picks let alone add a 4th round pick for an elite CB.

I saw rumors that teams were offering 2 1st round picks but were asking a 2nd round pick in return along with Ramsey.

Rams got a great player but any player has a value and it just feels like the Rams were willing to give anything to get Ramsey and thus clearly overpaid.

4 hours ago, ET80 said:

@showtime is right, but this is perhaps the best response to a Mod I've ever witnessed. You really can't argue this, you know?

But, @showtime is right. This is more Gen worthy.

@mse326, @MrDrew, @pwny - can you punt this to Gen? 

Success! Fortunately I am better at punting than Fairbairn is at kicking

Ultimately both win. Ramsey is the best CB in the league. But he wasn't staying in Jax so they might as well get a haul for him rather than nothing

• Like 4