Thoughts on Ramsey trade?  

76 members have voted

1. 1. Thoughts on Ramsey trade?

• Both teams benefit on net
    • Both teams are hurt on net
    • Jaguars benefit Rams are hurt
    • Rams benefit Jaguars are hurt

25 minutes ago, JPPT1974 said:

Well Jaguars sources say hear they are glad to get rid of that headache. Great player but needs to be a team player.

Which is bs the owner was crying to keep him. And he’s going to fire the FO once the season ends most likely. So wrong and wrong 

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, KhanYouDigIt said:

You think his ex-teammates don’t know he quit on them? How is that a team player, which he says he is?

He said it from the get go he wanted out. It’s not like he lied. He was in a toxic environment. Pwns been the one to tell us it wasn’t Jalen fault. So idk my guy. It’s why your LB gave up and what not. Jax isn’t in a good place right now with Caughlin running the team to the ground. 

Edited by ITS_RAMMY_PLAYBOI

I don't think Jalen is a horrible teammate, but he certainly quit on his team in Jacksonville and guys have been vocal about it. Leonard Fournette tweeted some shade at him the other day.

My thoughts on the trade are huge draft capital for Jacksonville and a huge risk for the Rams. That team has a TON of money tied up into very few players, they've gone years without a 1st round pick, and the team isn't playing great ball right now quite frankly.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, MookieMonstah said:

My thoughts on the trade are huge draft capital for Jacksonville and a huge risk for the Rams. That team has a TON of money tied up into very few players, they've gone years without a 1st round pick, and the team isn't playing great ball right now quite frankly.

Your whole post 100% agree with I just think Gilmore from the Patriots made this trade happen in the last Superbowl. 

Miami got great value for Tunsil and Stills --- Win

• Two 1s and a 2 + Bademosi and Davenport for Tunsil, Stills, a 4 and a 6

Houston transformed their awful O-line --- also a WIn

• Those 1st round picks could be in the high 20s

The Jags got a pair of 1s and a 4 for a piece of garbage human who was faking injuries --- WIN

• There is nothing worse within the context of team in professional sports than taking money and faking an injury. Its like a holdout without integrity and actually stealing money.

The Rams are not a good team right now and everyone will continue to throw at will where Ramsey is not covering.

• Their O-line is a mess and their QB has regressed.
  • Gurley is a guaranteed contract arthritic knee shell of himself.
  • The Rams last first rounder was Goff and the talent pool on the team is starting to suffer for it.
  • They are probably still the 3rd best team in their division after this trade.
  • This could net the Jags a pair of picks in the top 16.

Right now this is a clear loss for the Rams, but it could change if they somehow right the ship and he agrees to an extension that is not extortion.

1 hour ago, SkippyX said:

Miami got great value for Tunsil and Stills --- Win

• Two 1s and a 2 + Bademosi and Davenport for Tunsil, Stills, a 4 and a 6

Houston transformed their awful O-line --- also a WIn

• Those 1st round picks could be in the high 20s

The Jags got a pair of 1s and a 4 for a piece of garbage human who was faking injuries --- WIN

• There is nothing worse within the context of team in professional sports than taking money and faking an injury. Its like a holdout without integrity and actually stealing money.

The Rams are not a good team right now and everyone will continue to throw at will where Ramsey is not covering.

• Their O-line is a mess and their QB has regressed.
  • Gurley is a guaranteed contract arthritic knee shell of himself.
  • The Rams last first rounder was Goff and the talent pool on the team is starting to suffer for it.
  • They are probably still the 3rd best team in their division after this trade.
  • This could net the Jags a pair of picks in the top 16.

Right now this is a clear loss for the Rams, but it could change if they somehow right the ship and he agrees to an extension that is not extortion.

I wouldn’t say the Rams aren’t a good team. They are literally Zeurlein making a 44yd FG away from being 4-2. Again the way people talk about the Rams offense you would think it’s the Dolphins offense. The Rams are top 10 in scoring and top 12 in scoring offense. Before the Niners game they were averaging 29ppg and that was 6th in the NFL. I get it, the offense isn’t playing to the level that we expect which is top 3 but top 10 in scoring and top 12 in total offense is still very good. I think it will get even better and it has nothing to even do with Gurley. I think Henderson will be the guy that will emerge and spark this offense in the backfield while Gurley can be sprinkled in with 10-15 touches, specifically in more important situations like redzone/goaline. The Rams went from being a strickly one back to now moving forward a 1-2 punch and there is nothing wrong with that. There is a reason why people was high on Henderson as a prospect. So people act like 1) it’s Gurley or bust because the Rams don’t have no other back capable and 2) they can’t adjust to their running game with Gurley not being himself. Heck they did that last season with CJ Anderson down the stretch. I certainly love the Rams chances with Henderson who has shown in college and even against the Niners on his first two carries that he don’t need the perfect blocks he can make defenders miss and get chunk plays. So moving forward I expect the Rams offense to get better and having the defense improved with the addition of Ramsey will help. As I also have said, the Rams have the Falcons, Bengals, BYE, then Steelers. They could be sitting at (6-3) and in great shape. 

I do think the perceived Rams offensive struggles are very much tied to the very bad game vs the  49ers

Also are the 49ers legit or are the Rams really the 3rd best team in the division because i see 3rd best alot but not exactly seeing people 100% buying the 49ers either

Edited by JaguarCrazy2832

16 minutes ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

I do think the perceived Rams offensive struggles are very much tied to the very bad game vs the  49ers

Also are the 49ers legit or are the Rams really the 3rd best team in the division because i see 3rd best alot but not exactly seeing people 100% buying the 49ers either

It’s overreacting to that Niners game. In 2017 if you thought the Rams were a good team then they did go to Minnesota and only score 7pts. Similar to the Niners game where Gurley scores a rushing td on the opening drive and the Rams never scored again. Last season if you thought the Rams were a good team then they did go to Chicago and only scored 6pts. I’ve pointed out before that don’t act like the Rams haven’t had those types of games. 2017 they also had a game against the Seahawks where they scored 10pts then in the playoffs scored 14pts against the Falcons both were loses. Last season they scored 3pts in the Superbowl and lost to the Patriots. People overreact but the thing is the Rams usually pick themselves up after those uncharacteristically bad offensive performances and go back to what we are used to seeing them do and that’s score and be good if not great on offense. I don’t see any reason to believe they won’t do the same especially in the next two games against the Falcons and Bengals and carry that momentum into the BYE.

As for the Rams being the 3rd best team in the division. I think it’s by record only. Wilson played the perfect game on TNF and the Seahawks still should’ve lost that game had Zeurlein made that 44yd FG that he normally makes 97% of the time in his career. Had he made it the Rams are 4-2 even with the loss to the Niners and they are 2nd in the division due to tiebreaker. Now I’m not saying the Seahawks aren’t good but they aren’t clearly the 2nd best team in the division. It’s just like going back to 2017 when they went to LA and beat the Rams. Us Rams fans came away saying if Kupp didn’t drop that td pass the Rams win and Kupp rarely drop passes. So while the Seahawks won, the Rams knew they were the better team and let the game slip away by not doing the little things like catching that ball or Gurley fumbled in the end zone which went for a touchback instead of a touchdown. So when the Rams played Seattle again that season in Seattle they dominated them because they knew they let the first game slip away and wasn’t going to let that happen again. So yeah I think this is the same situation. I think the Rams aren’t the 3rd best team but by record they are. The Niners and Seahawks still have to play each other twice. The Rams still get the Niners and Seahawks one more time. Plus where the Seahawks and Niners had the pleasure of playing the Bengals and Steelers and beating those teams the Rams have that chance now. Also the Seahawks lost to the Saints and still have to play a hot Panthers team. The Niners have to go to the Saints Week 15 a week before they play the Rams and they still have to play the Panthers. The Rams played both the Saints and Panthers already and won both games. So things will sort itself out and we will see where things shake out in the end. 

44 minutes ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

Interesting that the question is whether the 49ers are legit and not the Seahawks, who struggled to beat both the Browns and the Bengals (and Rams) this year and seem to be carried, more or less, by a herculean effort from Wilson. Do you just trust one player (Wilson), more than a team (49ers)? I mean, I can see the merit in that. 

5 minutes ago, Forge said:

Interesting that the question is whether the 49ers are legit and not the Seahawks, who struggled to beat both the Browns and the Bengals (and Rams) this year and seem to be carried, more or less, by a herculean effort from Wilson. Do you just trust one player (Wilson), more than a team (49ers)? I mean, I can see the merit in that. 

I meant it more like of the 2 that you expected to play very well, the Seahawks seemed like the consensus biggest threat to the Rams

Jags can't possibly be hurt by this because Jalen was checked out. Only a matter of time before he downed tools completely, so instead of that - they get 2 first round picks. A motivated JR, then we've got a different conversation.

Rams slightly benefit now over Jax, but later down the line, I believe the opposite will be true.