TNF: Chiefs at Broncos

SBLIII

Just now, Nabbs4u said:

There was NOTHING wrong with a QB Sneak on 4th 1. Only the Unfortunate and uncommon result of injury!

Brady has done that exact same play call 200 times and never once injured. Unlucky yes, Bad Play Call? Stop!!!

QB sneaks on 1 yard to go have a stupidly high converstion rate anyway. It was the right call.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, upriser7 said:

Wasn't going for QB's legs considered as Roughing the Passer last season? Sometimes I honestly have no clue what's considered as RTP and what's not

Hit him with shoulder in Flaccos hip, arm swiped his leg

Edited by Chiefs_5627

8 minutes ago, Blackstar12 said:

ouch.

That is a patellar dislocation being reduced.  Not a problem to walk on it after, but it will likely swell up like a grapefruit over the next 24 hours.  Might be hard for him to play next week , but the mini bye week might be a benefit for him.

• Like 5

1 minute ago, Bolts223 said:

This is really apples to oranges. If Mahomes was completely healthy to begin with and this happened I would agree with you.

Mahomes was already hurt. You don't sneak your MVP QB if he's already hurt.

An ankle injury is meaningless on a sneak. If it was so bad you can't do that, then he wouldn't be playing. 

2 minutes ago, upriser7 said:

Wasn't going for QB's legs considered as Roughing the Passer last season? Sometimes I honestly have no clue what's considered as RTP and what's not

I've seen it called this year, never when the hit actually started below the waist but it has been called.

Edited by Thomas5737

4 minutes ago, Bolts223 said:

This is really apples to oranges. If Mahomes was completely healthy to begin with and this happened I would agree with you.

Mahomes was already hurt. You don't sneak your MVP QB if he's already hurt.

Horse Manure! Are you suggesting his Hurt Ankle led to a Dislocated Knee/ACL on a QB sneak? It was as Fluke a injury as a non contact cut as a Runner and a ACL. Nothing more!

Edited by Nabbs4u
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, mse326 said:

An ankle injury is meaningless on a sneak. If it was so bad you can't do that, then he wouldn't be playing. 

Well you do react differently physically when injured and sometimes put pressure where you don't normally put pressure. Never know if this was related (I didn't see the play) to that though.

• Like 1