TNF: Chiefs at Broncos

SBLIII

I think the Chiefs win by a couple touchdowns. 31-17 type of score. Mahomes injured is still better than everyone's expectations of Flacco back when he had expectations. Also going to predict 85 passes attempted in this game, not much running of the football will be going on.

8 minutes ago, Thomas5737 said:

I think the Chiefs win by a couple touchdowns. 31-17 type of score. Mahomes injured is still better than everyone's expectations of Flacco back when he had expectations. Also going to predict 85 passes attempted in this game, not much running of the football will be going on.

Even with just 3 active CB’s I am hoping the Broncos try to pass all game and avoid the run 

30 minutes ago, Trentwannabe said:

Is Emmanuel Sanders worth starting tonight in fantasy?

It's either him tonight or Calvin Ridley Sunday.

He started the year on fire but has fizzled out in the past 2 weeks and Sutton seems to be Joe Flaccos 'go-to' guy. However, he is the type of guy who can easily catch 6 for 90 and TD any week given the opportunity. Your gambling on if he is going to get the targets to do it.

KC is the favorite and rightfully so.   Those who are in the DEN forum know I would prefer a L, given our need to get better across the board.   Having said that, I hope we continue to play hard, and instill a culture of winning amongst the young core guys, so I'll take a 27-23 L lol.

I say all that because there is a clear path to a DEN W - which honestly was a pipe dream 2 weeks ago:

1.  DEN run game could obliterate a leaky KC D.   Losing Chris Jones is a huge, massive blow, and their front 7 depth just took a beating.

2.  KC's OL is also thin, and with a gimpy Mahomes, DEN's pass rush (slumping hard with the new scheme, but starting to improve with Von in the Mack role - yes, they thought Chubb there & Von in the Floyd role was better to start with) could make life a lot more miserable than usual with Mahomes' limited mobility.

Really, it's about mistakes & ToP - DEN does what HOU / IND did and keeps Mahomes to 22-23 minutes of ToP, that limits the output.   That's why the spread is so low.

Now, the flip side...

1.  It's still Mahomes, and with Tyreek, Kelce (who is due for a TON of positive TD regression), and our ILB's still having problems with RB matchups in pass coverage, there's clear potential for KC-level damage on O.

2.  If KC gets ahead, while their pass rush takes a big hit with the injuries, and losing Kendall Fuller hurts their slot coverage, the KC D is still a much better pass D than in past years.  That leaves open the very real possibility of Joe Flacco and/or OL pass pro mistakes (still a big issue, even with our 2-game win streak).

Really, I just hope for a good game...and my fantasy guys to produce.  Anything else is gravy in a season where no matter what happens tonight, we're not contending, so thinking 2020+, I hope Mahomes takes it (weird place to be, but it is what is until we finally get our QBOTF, and improve our roster depth in a big way). 

26 minutes ago, kingseanjohn said:

Breeland got there and will be playing! So we got 4 now!

What was the deal there - any news?  Either way, good for him that it's settled.  Weird situation - usually it's a family health problem, etc.  Hopefully it's done.

Edited by Broncofan

14 minutes ago, Broncofan said:

What was the deal there - any news?  Either way, good for him that it's settled.  Weird situation - usually it's a family health problem, etc.  Hopefully it's done.

Something about personal reasons, first thing I thought was birth of a child but idk