TNF: Chiefs at Broncos

SBLIII

Just now, Jakuvious said:

It isn't about your opinion. Seriously, it's probability/statistics.

I'm taking an intro to statistics class this year in college and even though I'm not great at it, it's definitely an eye-opener for discussions like this one.

• Like 2

Just now, Skins212689 said:

It's not more often a team isn't gonna score a 2 point conversion than it is a Kicker is gonna miss a extra point. 

That's how the Skins beat Miami last week,  them tryna score a 2 point conversion instead of just taking the extra point to tie the game sending it to OT. 

It's one yard. Not two, one. The odds of getting a single yard on a play are significantly higher than two. Just because Denver failed doesn't mean it was wrong.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Hukos said:

I'm taking an intro to statistics class this year in college and even though I'm not great at it, it's definitely an eye-opener for discussions like this one.

Well maybe you should take the opportunity to use this as a lesson. They didn't score the 2 points! #Facts

Edited by Skins212689

Well maybe you should take the opportunity to use this as a lesson. They didn't score the 2 points! #Facts

That's literally not how probability works.

Let's say you flip 4 coins. If you call the results right on just a single flip, you win a thousand dollars. If you get all the results wrong, you lose a hundred thousand dollars. The odds of you winning $1000 are significantly higher than losing $100000 and I'd take the bet every single time because of it.

So no team has been stopped on 4th and 1, 3rd and 1, ect?

It's possible to be stopped. That's something you take into consideration, sure. But you don't play scared because of "what if I fail" mentality. That's how you lose games.

The Eagles went for it on 4th and goal in the Super Bowl against the Patriots with a crazy trick play instead of taking the 3 points.