Bengals OT Cordy Glenn Fined/Leaves Practice

TheVillain112

Cordy Glenn has been out since Week 2 of the Preseason with a Concussion.  Now he's claiming the Bengals are forcing him back early from it.  It's a bizarre situation with Bully OL coach Jim Turner again in the middle of it (assuming here).

At least the Dolphins are trying to tank, the Bengals are just a bad run organization...

• Like 1

He just wants to bail as they arent winning any time soon and wants to hop on a contender or wait until next year and avoid injury. I think Aj is doing the same, he may not want out of Cincy but he knows this season is lost and whats the point of rushing back to an 0-6 team to risk further injury.

Jesus, you’re already terrible team. Glenn coming back isn’t gonna put you on the fast track to the playoffs. Fining him for not rushing back from a head injury so you can fight your way to a worse draft spot just doesn’t make sense from any angle. It’s a bad look. 

Unless you think he’s faking it in which case you should just cut/trade him anyways and not even mess around with trying to fine him into joining the team.

Edited by Dome
  • Like 6

25 minutes ago, TheVillain112 said:

Cordy Glenn has been out since Week 2 of the Preseason with a Concussion.  Now he's claiming the Bengals are forcing him back early from it.  It's a bizarre situation with Bully OL coach Jim Turner again in the middle of it (assuming here).

At least the Dolphins are trying to tank, the Bengals are just a bad run organization...

Dont fool yourself Dolphins are just as big of a mess even if they are tanking, the organization particularly the HC, as he is clueless on simple things. The Qb situation alone proves he is lost and the job is over his head. 

8 minutes ago, soflbillsfan said:

Dont fool yourself Dolphins are just as big of a mess even if they are tanking, the organization particularly the HC, as he is clueless on simple things. The Qb situation alone proves he is lost and the job is over his head. 

Well yes. But Flores was brought in to be the fall man, tbh

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Dome said:

Unless you think he’s faking it in which case you should just cut/trade him anyways and not even mess around with trying to fine him into joining the team.

I don't know what to think.  It was a 'self reported' concussion after (or maybe during) the 2nd preseason game.  He's been out since, which after reading the serious concussion that Darrius Leonard just had I somewhat understand but Leonard was out around 3 weeks before returning to practice.  It's been over 2 months for Glenn.

Part of this properly is that why rush back to play for an awful team...

We should also have a discussion about the OL coach Jim Turner who Zac Taylor brought back to the NFL after getting fired by the Dolphins after the Jon Martin Bully scandal...

Kent Perkins (A young player trying to make a roster), just retries.

Christian Westerman left the team, and then returned after about a week.

Now Cordy Glenn gets into it with a coach, who I assume is Jim Turner...

3 minutes ago, soflbillsfan said:

Well Grier needs to take the fall as well since hes been there for 2 decades in the scouting department and GM position.

While I wouldn't shed any tears for Grier, he's probably not going to be gone and I'm willing to wait and see what he plans to do with the picks. He's been a good scout for us and abused Pittsburgh and Houston. Only real gripe I've had is trading for Rosen, but I suppose the value was there to make it worth the risk.

• Like 1