Bengals OT Cordy Glenn Fined/Leaves Practice

TheVillain112

35 minutes ago, johndeere1707 said:

Trade him for whatever you can get. He’s been pretty disappointing. Trading back with the Bills netted us Cordy Glenn and Billy Price. I’d say the Bills won that one

At the time it seemed like such a win-win.

Even with Dion Dawkins struggling to take the next step, I agree a win for the Bills here.

So....will the Bengals rise above Snyder/Allen-level pettiness and deal him?

At the very least, it seems like they could get a 3rd from a T needy team, especially since he's signed for 2019-20.   Given the level of struggles he's had, an end of 3rd comp pick seems highly unlikely as best case let-him-walk result in 2 years, and it seems like there's major burnt bridges here, so a 3rd would be a gain, no?

• Like 1

5 hours ago, TheVillain112 said:

I don't know what to think.  It was a 'self reported' concussion after (or maybe during) the 2nd preseason game.  He's been out since, which after reading the serious concussion that Darrius Leonard just had I somewhat understand but Leonard was out around 3 weeks before returning to practice.  It's been over 2 months for Glenn.

Part of this properly is that why rush back to play for an awful team...

Mitch Unrein had a mild concussion with us last year. It lingered for weeks before it ended his career.

Brain injuries are kind of a big deal. Some guys can heal from them, some can't.

Read up on what Aaron Rodgers went through. He went temporarily blind. Now he seems fine.

1 hour ago, Broncofan said:

So....will the Bengals rise above Snyder/Allen-level pettiness and deal him?

At the very least, it seems like they could get a 3rd from a T needy team, especially since he's signed for 2019-20.   Given the level of struggles he's had, an end of 3rd comp pick seems highly unlikely as best case let-him-walk result in 2 years, and it seems like there's major burnt bridges here, so a 3rd would be a gain, no?

In theory yes.  But he is saying the team is rushing him back, even tho the independent neurologist cleared him.  It would be such a bad look for him to be suddenly cured by breathing non-Cincinnati air.

Just now, INbengalfan said:

In theory yes.  But he is saying the team is rushing him back, even tho the independent neurologist cleared him.  It would be such a bad look for him to be suddenly cured by breathing non-Cincinnati air.

Well the CIN staff also said he's not playing this week yet, either.  I don't think they need to deal him today, but if the relationship is broken,  there's 12 days to move on.  That's all.