Bengals OT Cordy Glenn Fined/Leaves Practice

TheVillain112

Just a Q - I keep reading he was cleared from the protocol -  but then it only refers to practice.   Being cleared to practice is only a step in the protocol and is very subject to setbacks.  

Being cleared completely from the final stage and able to play happens when the risk goes back to what is seen as baseline risk.   But to clear the protocol completely you have to practice fully without symptoms and then get re-examined.  It doesn’t sound like that has happened yet.  If that’s the case he hasn’t cleared the protocol,  and relapse isn’t all that uncommon.  

So which is it?  Honestly the plausibility of having symptoms relapse if you are in the “still can’t practice” stage is far greater than being cleared to play.   Now Glenn could be prolonging this but the plausibility is very different depending on the stage of the protocol he’s at.   Can the Cin fans confirm? 

Did some digging on this. Players get paid their full wage during concussion protocol. Many people suspect he was extremely unhappy with the drafting of Jonah as well. IMO he’s milking the system which is absolutely disturbing and the Bengals should send this over to the NFL. Zac Taylor is not a guy who would ever ever rush a guy back early. I’m sure he feels Cordy is 100% fine afters mountains of research and medical opinions. 

1 hour ago, BayRaider said:

Is he getting paid during all of this? Out over two months with a concussion sounds highly suspect and either milking the system or anxiety. 

As long as there was no brain injury, a concussion doesn’t take over two months. Was there any brain trauma? 

If there is a history of prior concussions it could definitely take 2 months.  

Every concussion is a result of brain trauma.  It’s like how every sprain involves a tear.   

I have no dog in this show - but it would help to know the following: 

-Does he have a prior history? 
-At what stage in the protocol is he?  Again - to be at the “cleated for practice” isn’t close to being fully cleared.  And comes with a much higher risk or relapsing symptoms.   If he’s fully cleared to play and won’t practice that’s a much more uncommon scenario. 
-Has he been screened by a 2nd independent neurologist if more symptoms did occur? 

The Bengals are well within their rights to fine and suspend him for the other actions.  But the above info probably sheds a lot more light on the situation itself.  

Edited by Broncofan

8 minutes ago, Broncofan said:

If there is a history of prior concussions it could definitely take 2 months.  

Every concussion is a result of brain trauma.  It’s like how every sprain involves a tear.   

I have no dog in this show - but it would help to know the following: 

-Does he have a prior history? 
-At what stage in the protocol is he?  Again - to be at the “cleated for practice” isn’t close to being fully cleared.  And comes with a much higher risk or relapsing symptoms.   If he’s fully cleared to play and won’t practice that’s a much more uncommon scenario. 
-Has he been screened by a 2nd independent neurologist if more symptoms did occur? 

The Bengals are well within their rights to fine and suspend him for the other actions.  But the above info probably sheds a lot more light on the situation itself.  

Multiple doctors including independent have cleared him from what I’ve read. 

5 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Multiple doctors including independent have cleared him from what I’ve read. 

Except they keep saying “cleared to practice”.  And then say he’s cleared the protocol   You can’t clear the protocol until you practice fully without relapse on multiple occasions and get checked again. We know he hasn’t started practicing yet.      

So the 2 statements are contradictory.  Why I ask the specific Q’s.  The report as it reads now contradicts itself.    

Edited by Broncofan

33 minutes ago, Broncofan said:

Except they keep saying “cleared to practice”.  And then say he’s cleared the protocol   You can’t clear the protocol until you practice fully without relapse on multiple occasions and get checked again. We know he hasn’t started practicing yet.      

So the 2 statements are contradictory.  Why I ask the specific Q’s.  The report as it reads now contradicts itself.    

As far as I know he did practice Wednesday and got into an altercation with a coach. Pretty ironic. Hes just trying to get paid doing nothing and the altercation was completely calculated AB style.